Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.mix files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]

BallyT
Date Posted: May/25/2006 9:04 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Hey all,

I have recently come accross this problem myself. I don't remember having either of the programs you discussed to create or edit these files, however I now have a few images of old family members I am desperate to convert. I have tried the 17 pages of suggestions and the closest I have gotten was with Polyview, however the quality was bad and there where pink lines and box's through the image.

If anyone is prepared to convert a few files for me I would be extreemly greatful.

Regards

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Aug/01/2006 6:35 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I would be happy to convert your mix files. I happen to still have PhotoDraw and it converts beautifully to many formats. What would you like?
Terry

Bottom
Next
Previous

jaz
Date Posted: Oct/19/2006 1:13 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I have been reading this .mix topic. Tried several things, but still running into issues.

Yes my mix files open with PolyView, but not all of the file content is there, meaning editing has been done on the images and do not show up on polyview,

Can anyone help please.
thanks.

Bottom
Next
Previous

nasoj21
Date Posted: Oct/19/2006 7:51 PM
I had to jump into this. Who dragged this monster out of the closet?
How long has this website been running? Was this the inaguaral post?

I see why this post keeps growing. I googled '.mix' this is one of three results, and the other two weren't any good.
I also tried a file extension service that is supposed to tell you what file extensions go to what programs. They say .mix is a audio file for a computer game.

I hope that adobe never kills .psd's I will scream vert loud for a very long time.

I wasn't able to find anymore information, but I did email microsoft.

-------------------------
JB

Bottom
Next
Previous

rd
Date Posted: Nov/13/2006 12:24 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Terry,

Could you convert mine? If so, what is the best way to get them to you. I have tried everything on the site and nothing works except for the Polyview program, which still doesn't show the image that clear.

Thanks,

rd

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Nov/13/2006 6:52 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi,

You can email me your .mix files at and I'll send them back as converted to what file type you choose. If you have a high number of files, I'd ask you to zip them or break them into batches and send multiple messages.

Thanks

Terry

Message edited by: amominak on 01/28/2009 21:21:52

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/16/2006 3:39 AM
The good news (or bad news?) is that Microsoft are bringing out Windows media photo format, a "new" image format, lets hope it lasts longer than .MIX shall we! Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

chiccadee
Date Posted: Nov/29/2006 2:20 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Yep...the .mix files are sorta like a weird disease that keeps cropping up!!! Here it is 2006 and I still needed this thread. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I needed to convert a photo to be used in our school's yearbook...the student deleted the original!! I followed the polyview suggestions and viola! the photo is now jpg and the qualilty is fine. Now this person can actually have her senior photo in the yearbook!!! THANKS AGAIN!

Bottom
Next
Previous

varaonaid
Date Posted: Dec/12/2006 12:17 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I have several logos created in the photodraw 2 .mix format. I'm guessing that there is no other program that will actually let me EDIT those files, eh? Any ideas, please let me know. Thanks!!

Bottom
Next
Previous

melissa72
Date Posted: Dec/13/2006 8:00 AM
Print Thread Text Format
someone please help me...i have about 50 to 100 mix extension pictures, that i badley dont want to lose...is there anyone who can convert them to jpeg for me. they pictures of my son when he was little and im desprete. please email me at if you are willing to help me. thanks a bunch! melissa

Bottom
Next
Previous

AOester
Date Posted: Feb/03/2007 8:25 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I have read much of this thread and I am at a loss. I'm not very computer savvy, but I've tried most of what has been suggested and nothing has worked. I downloaded VueScan, that didn't work, Inserting it into Word, Powerpoint, Excel. None of it worked. I currently have Microsoft Picture It! Express 9. It wont open my .mix files. My old computer has many .mix files on it that I can't open. I tried e-mailing them to my new computer and it wont open them either. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it. E-mail me at if you can help. I don't know what else to try and I don't want to lose these pictures.
Thanks! Abigail

Abigail

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Feb/04/2007 1:49 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi Abigail,

Please email me with files attached and I'll convert them for you.

Terry

Message edited by: amominak on 01/28/2009 21:23:04

Bottom
Next
Previous

ntek
Date Posted: Feb/18/2007 9:50 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I know a perfectly failsafe method to fix my problem, anyone know what torrents are? Very easy to use

Those who can, do; and those who can't, teach

Bottom
Next
Previous

SoCalCybergal
Date Posted: Apr/21/2007 8:02 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I had over 200 mix photos to convert - OUCH!
I am running Windows Vista - Office 2003 - previous tips didn't work - but this did:

Go to polyview.com
download PolyView 4.35 Setup Program (polyview4.35.exe) (Free to try - converted all of my photos for free!)
Once installed go to File - Format Conversions
change Files of Type to "All Files" (it defaults to "Most Images" which will not show your mix files)
Select all mix pictures - click add
Once all pictures are added then click on continue
Select on the right side (where it says destination folder) where you want to save the photos and change the destination format to either jpeg or gif
The click on start - and you are set!!
Woohoo!

Bottom
Next
Previous

nitapitabread
Date Posted: Jun/30/2007 12:45 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Hello, all! Thank you, Google, for leading me here..and thanks to everyone else for their sound advice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for me - even after downloading the converter. I still receive an error message and am at my wits end! To top it off, I tried to upload the thing and it wouldn't take (maybe because of my dial-up connection?) In any case, if there is ANYONE out there still around to lend me a hand, please hit me up at

I'll give a cookie to whoever can convert my .mix file to a high quality jpeg!

pls&thx
Nita

Bottom
Next
Previous

khaynes959
Date Posted: Jul/04/2007 7:26 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I was successful in converting the .mix files using MS Word 2000 on a Windows Vista Premium platform. As another member has already described, you insert the .mix file into MS Word and then save the document as a web page. This automatically creates another sub-directory with the .mix file converted into both a .jpg and a .png file. You can now copy these new files into any location desired. Hope this helps, it took me a while to stumble onto a tip that actually worked!

Bottom
Next
Previous

Collective Mind
Date Posted: Jul/21/2007 2:58 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Just so everyone has a clue about these files .mix (Microsoft Image Exchange)
There were 4 versions of PictureIt and 2 versions of PhotoDraw with several Updates on the versions. The last was I believe PhotoDraw 2000 ver 2.0.0.1129 copyright (c) 1995-1999
The files were created using an object oriented design package so they could essentially use vector objects like text and shapes that would be sharp at any size or resolution and it could combine these with bitmaps. But thats where the layering came in. All objects that were "joined" were on separate layers from back to front. Some programs only convert the background layer. But if thats all you have voila you have a picture. The last version of PD2000 converted any and all mix files from all versions of PD and PI. There are "other" mix files out there that are NOT Microsoft and will not open with any version. There are also some files that have been corrupted and while they are MS are not usable by any program.

On average, all of us are dumber than some of us.

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Jul/22/2007 2:28 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I have converted about 20-30 .mix files for people from this forum/thread and with my version of Photodraw, have had only one that did not convert to jpg or tif. Keep sending them to me and I'll keep on converting!!

Bottom
Next
Previous

Norbi
Date Posted: Jul/29/2007 3:29 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi Amominak,
would you please be so kind to transfer two mix-pictures to jpg for me? They are from an old weihnachtsmarkt (christmas market) in Germany, Bad Hersfeld. I would appreciate your help very much. Maybe I could send you a donation via paypal?
Cheers,
Norbi

Bottom
Next
Previous

Cailidin
Date Posted: Jul/30/2007 5:27 PM
Print Thread Text Format
The person with Office 2002, hello my name is Scott McGlashan, i have a bunch of .mix files i desperatley need to be converted into jpg, i have been searching for hours to find a solution and i was wondering if i could get u to convert my files for me, or if someone could give me a hand i am desperate to get these opened and converted for editing because i work for the Inglewood Shire Council and someone accidently changed them to a .mix :'( and now i need to change them back its not private stuff just photos of grids for roads, if someone can help me please please please tell me im desperate i been on this case for hours non stop :-O

Bottom
Next
Previous
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.