Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.mix files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]

BentRobR
Date Posted: Dec/07/2003 6:50 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Hi All,

I'm too lazy to read all of the responses that have been given so far, but for PCs, you can download VuePrint from Hamrick Software. It will open .mix files, as well as a whole host of other graphics files. I've attached a screen shot of it's default configuration.

You can also use VuePrint to easily crop and resize photos, create a contact sheet, make a slideshow, do some basic color correction, etc... It a great piece of software and relatively inexpensive.

I also use VueScan and like it as well.

-------------------------
BentRobR

Trenton, GA

Message edited by: BentRobR on 12/07/2003 06:52:44

vueprint_ext_options.jpgvueprint_ext_options.jpg ( 76 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

BentRobR
Date Posted: Dec/23/2003 1:13 PM
If someone will email the file in question, I'll try and open it here, then convert it to another format and return via email again.

My email address is robtest1 at rudeski dot com.

BentRobR

Trenton, GA

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Dec/28/2003 1:27 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Send them to and I will see if I can open them for you...

Edit... 15/12/04
Please Note:... I don't have Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 on my new computer so will not be able to convert .mix files for anyone SORRY!..

Message edited by: kennymc on 12/15/2004 00:27:36

Bottom
Next
Previous

kimosabi
Date Posted: Mar/25/2004 4:07 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I've been trying to convert this file for hours, read all the postings and tried everything - none of it will work. It's just one picture, if somebody would be willing to convert it for me it would be so awsome of them. Please, if you can help, email me @

- Kim

I've attached the file.

Bottom
Next
Previous

kimosabi
Date Posted: Mar/25/2004 4:09 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Okay, sorry, it wouldn't let me attatch the flippin file.

if you can help please email me

- Kim

Bottom
Next
Previous

tecknochic
Date Posted: Jun/13/2004 8:22 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I have tried for two months to open my pictures that are .mix files. I am so glad I found this. I tried just about everthing you all suggested and nothing worked until I got to the polybytes suggestion. (http://www.polybytes.com/v360/polyview3.92.exe) WOW!!! it worked I am so excited. I can open three years of my family pictures my husband had saved as .mix files. Our computer crashed and the new one did not have Picture it!. Yes, I gave in and lined Bill Gates pocket again and bought a new one. To my dismay...it didn't work!! Until polybytes. I opened my picture created a duplicate and saved the duplicate as a .jpg file.

Thank you so much!!!!

Bottom
Next
Previous

LDREAMER81677
Date Posted: Jul/16/2004 4:27 PM
ANONYMOUS YOUR THE BEST IVE BEEN CUSSING MY PC ALL DAY AND FINALLY FOUND YOUR ANSWER TO THE MIX PROBLEM. IT WORKED LIKE A CHARM THANKS

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Jul/18/2004 12:46 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Just a question...
If people are receiving all these.mix files and can't open them, who the hell is sending them? and why can't the sender convert them?...

Bottom
Next
Previous

Muler
Date Posted: Jul/21/2004 3:50 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Thanks Alot,

Father-in law sent photo's of wedding in .mix format, couldn't open after trying usual stuff, (even office graphic designer with loads of programmes and IT guy couldn't open them) found this site and Bingo entered [Polyview download] in google search first hit www.polybytes.com/download.htm got a 30 day free trial, have subsequently sent e-mail saying please send all further photo's in JPEG www.polybytes.com/download.htm

Bottom
Next
Previous

G-Chambers
Date Posted: Jul/22/2004 1:41 AM
292 posts!! WOW This thread should be named after the Energizer rabbit!

Well, now it's 293 posts.

George

Bottom
Next
Previous

The Limey
Date Posted: Jul/27/2004 7:36 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Thanks for all the advice. Most of it didn't work for me but Polyview final did it! Thanks a lot guys.

Bottom
Next
Previous

smig
Date Posted: Aug/09/2004 1:30 PM
Print Thread Text Format
To convert *.MIX pics to other formats, in batches or singly, there is a '30 day option' download from 'Polyview'. It only recognises 'MIX's' as files, not pictures. It also ignored my picture editing, showing the original scan only. (Hours of work lost)

your fraternally Smig

Bottom
Next
Previous

Enoch
Date Posted: Aug/09/2004 3:23 PM
I feel left out that I've never posted on this HUGE thread. SO.....hi.

"walked with God and was no more"

Bottom
Next
Previous

MarkNicholas
Date Posted: Aug/22/2004 8:58 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Yep Polyview did it for me as well. I am pretty sure that Picture It came bundles with some software for one of my digital cameras. I tried to find / reinstall but never did find it. It was a pretty poor programme anyway.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Aug/29/2004 10:21 AM
Theres a program called Graphic workshop pro, I cant remember the link but theres a trial version and that will open almost anything, even the dreaded art files (AOL's) I dont have a mix file to try but the program is so usefull it's probably worth buying (I did) Theres another called Polyview (I think)that should also open them. Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

aurel
Date Posted: Sep/02/2004 7:23 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I got the solution :
http://www.polybytes.com/v360/polyview3.92.exe

it works :-)

Enjoy guys !

- AureL, French helper -

Bottom
Next
Previous

Sarevok
Date Posted: Sep/17/2004 3:36 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Thank you buddies!!! I'm a Spanish guy and i'm been thankful for you, without your help, i will don't view .mix files. Thak you very much!!!

Bottom
Next
Previous

englishtillidie
Date Posted: Oct/05/2004 7:00 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Oh ma god what a thread i had some photos stored on disk from about 1997 in the .mix format pics i thought id never see again but i lived in hope. Then i found this post. Well polyview did the trick for me to i now have all my old photos off my first eva comp converted safely and easily to jpeg. Damn you microsoft if your gunna do this sort of stuff to us then its a good job people keep backups even years after it seems all hope is lost.

Message edited by: englishtillidie on 10/05/2004 19:37:24

Bottom
Next
Previous

NapaJack
Date Posted: Nov/16/2004 4:22 AM
Print Thread Text Format
It seems that Polyview has the answer but when I go to http://www.polybytes.com/v360/polyview3.92.exe I get the old "File not found" routine. BTW, I have Picture it 7.0 and it shows the thumbnail but won't open the darn file. I'm going to try polybytes.com and go from there.
Wish me luck.
NapaJack

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/16/2004 10:16 AM
Try http://www.polybytes.com/download.htm it worked for me just now. Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.