Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.mix files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Aug/19/2002 5:00 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format

Email to as long as it is decent. I don't check this account daily but will try to get it quick as I can.

-------------------------
Patty
Website

Bottom
Next
Previous

johnboyx63
Date Posted: Aug/29/2002 9:47 AM
I recently took 24 old family photos to my local STAPLES and they scanned them onto a disk for me. It cost almost $30 and they saved the pics as 6 ".mix" files. Turns out that I can't view .mix files on my pc without getting the "Picture It" software. Someone implied that Staples is breaking the law by using a proprietary program.

Any suggestions?

I Corinthians 15:1-8

Bottom
Next
Previous

fruity_pebbles
Date Posted: Nov/24/2002 2:46 PM
i was wondering if u would convert my pix also if i sent them. thanx i really appreciate it.

Krissi

Bottom
Next
Previous

Shady
Date Posted: Dec/04/2002 11:26 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I have Picture It installed as well as Photoshop. Picture It does not like converting MIX files into either JPEG or GIF. However here is a solution. If you have Picture It convert the files into BMP files (bitmap)- Photoshop or any other image viewer will accept BMP files. Next step is then to convert to JPEGs or GIFs

I have used Word on XP pro and it is fine

Bottom
Next
Previous

GamerPro
Date Posted: Dec/17/2002 4:16 AM
Print Thread Text Format
As you wish. Here are two .mix files that I can't open and have been trying for what seems like forever. Here are the two links to the two .mix files:

The First .mix File.
The Second .mix File.

If ANYONE can help me convert these to a high quatliy .jpg or .bmp, please let me know. My E-Mail is

By the way, they are only family pictures, nothing obscene.

GamerPro

THIS POST IS IN RESPONSE TO THE FOLLOWING PREVIOUS POST:

>>MAJOR PROBLEM DISCOVERED!
>>
>>Someone sent me a .mix file to convert, and I could not. I got the message "An error occurred >>whil importing this file." I tried my .mix file again, and it works. It seems that NOT >>ALL .MIX FILES ARE THE SAME! That would explain why there is so much confusion and so many >>conflicting success stories.
>>
>>If someone could post someplace a publicly viewable .mix file, then those of us who have had >>success could all try it against the same file, and see what works when.
>>
>>Al

Message edited by: GamerPro on 12/17/2002 04:21:18

Bottom
Next
Previous

GamerPro
Date Posted: Dec/19/2002 11:27 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I have tried the Windows 2000 method, by inserting the picture....with no avail. If anyone else has any luck with this method, would you please mind sending me the .jpg or .bmp versions of the pictures? Please help...I've had no luck with ANY of the suggestions here.

Thanks for trying Shady.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Spurs
Date Posted: Jan/21/2003 4:59 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Dear Karl j

Can you help me with a .mix problem. I am looking for an image viewer that will recognise .mix files. So far I haven't been able to find one. Microsoft were ******* useless. I have hundreds of pix - jpgs, tifs, gifs, psds and lots of .mixs from Picture It and would really like an image viewer that can see ALL MY PHOTOS. Can anyone help.

Spurs (Sue)

Bottom
Next
Previous

Sharron
Date Posted: Feb/10/2003 11:53 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Are you all still helping people convert .mix to jpg ? If so I have 3 pictures that I would like to have converted. Thanks to all in advance

Bottom
Next
Previous

Siva
Date Posted: Apr/01/2003 9:33 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I've been following this forum for few days now and I can't seem to get any of the methods to work. Could somone please convert this image to tiff or a jpg? Thanks.

wed.mix

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Apr/02/2003 9:40 AM
Print Thread Text Format
If you email me at I will attach the converted file and sen it back to you.
Take care
Ken

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: May/07/2003 7:11 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Microsoft Photodraw will open .mix files and allow you to save them in another format...

Take care

Ken.

Edit... 15/12/04

Please Note:... I don't have Microsoft PhotoDraw 2000 on my new computer so will not be able to convert .mix files for anyone SORRY!..

Message edited by: kennymc on 12/15/2004 00:29:46

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Jun/05/2003 10:59 AM
Print Thread Text Format
send it to and I will see if I can open it for you...

Bottom
Next
Previous

mememastermind
Date Posted: Jul/01/2003 1:34 PM
I finally found out that POLYVIEW works. I downloaded the freeware version, and then uninstalled it.

01monk.184.jpeg01monk.184.jpeg ( 6 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

boo22
Date Posted: Sep/12/2003 6:23 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Hey guys. Here I am, yet another person with this mix file problem. OK, I had Picture It on an older computer. That computer was just put away for the last 2 yrs. Finally, I dug it out of the closet and plugged it in and I found a picture (the mix file in question) and it opened right up just fine on THAT computer. Then, I saved the file to disk and tried transfering over to my new computer, so that I would have that particular picture on here..... and thats when I realized that I had a problem. I have spent hour after hour for the past few weeks online searching for a free mix file converter. Thats when I found this forum. I have also tried what a few of you have suggested, doing the whole insert thing through Word, but my luck would have it that when I do it, the picture comes out all distorted. The color is almost on a gray scale when I do that. SOooooo that brings me back to why I am here... I am wondering if any of you out there could possibly convert the file to jpeg form for me please???? I would really appreciate it!! If you can and do not mind, Please email me at Subject Line MIX FILE and I will send it to you. PLEASE SOME ONE HELP ME!!!!!!!
Thx~Boo

"When we are born we cry, that we are come to this great stage of fools." -William Shakespeare

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Sep/12/2003 10:51 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Send it to me if you like... you can get my email address from my profile...

Bottom
Next
Previous

ron121
Date Posted: Sep/26/2003 2:02 AM
I can probably open it and change it to a jpg for you.
If it takes Microsoft's picture it to open it, I have it.
I don't know about NOW, but a few years ago if you had a roll of film put on a CD-R at Wal-Mart it included a free version of Picture it.
Send it to me.
ron

Bottom
Next
Previous

ron121
Date Posted: Oct/08/2003 3:27 PM
E-mail me and I think I can open it for you.
ron

Bottom
Next
Previous

ron121
Date Posted: Oct/16/2003 10:38 AM
I think I CAN open it if you'll send it to me.
ron121

Bottom
Next
Previous

digitalpuppy
Date Posted: Oct/29/2003 10:15 PM
...this is the song that never ends! it just goes on and on my friends!!!!

LMAO

~0okami/d.pupp

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Nov/28/2003 9:14 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I have PhotoDraw... I have not been able to open the odd file that produces an error saying "This was created in a newer version of PhotoDraw"... I have PhotoDraw 2000 and I thought that was the last version but I must be wrong... Ken

Bottom
Next
Previous
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.