Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.mix files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]

Tewfik
Date Posted: Jul/29/2008 4:17 PM
Print Thread Text Format
im having the same problem with .mix files... im using Windows XP Pro, MWord 2002

this is like the 3rd forum ive been to looking for answers...

i have tried importing to MWord 2002 via insert, from file, then it shows a convert file window and when i click "Picture It! Format" it gives me a error while importing msg...

i have also tried using "PolyView" that looked like it was going to work but it wouldnt let me save my converted photos

and have also tried XnView, which seems to view the .mix files fine but when i try to open them to convert them i get a msg saying "Format of the file ____ could not be determined"

anyone have any other suggestions, or is the failure of all 3 of the options that seem to work for everyone saying my files are corrupt...

if anyone has anymore idea's i would appreciate it!!

~Chris

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Jul/29/2008 9:49 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hello there,

My offer stands for help with conversion through PhotoDraw. Just send your files to me at and I'll return them in the format you request.
I've only run into a couple of files I've not been able to convert.

Cheers,
Terry

Bottom
Next
Previous

DaleK
Date Posted: Mar/21/2009 6:39 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
PLEASE help me out. I see where you were able to convert som .mix pic to a readable format. Will you explain how you got the converteer?

Thanks!

Bottom
Next
Previous

kat10394
Date Posted: Apr/03/2009 9:19 AM
Print Thread Text Format
are you still helping with the convert of .mix to jpeg?

Bottom
Next
Previous

bugdude10
Date Posted: Dec/30/2009 3:34 PM
Print Thread Text Format
For anyone who may still be interested, I used PolyView v4.402 to convert an old .MIX file to a .TIF file without any problem. (The Microsoft Word suggestion didn't work for me, using Word 2007 under Vista Ultimate.)

Bottom
Next
Previous

rickluc
Date Posted: Feb/27/2010 7:48 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I am trying to convert approx. 25 .mix files in Windows 7. Can someone help? Thanks

Bottom
Next
Previous

goldtabl
Date Posted: Apr/30/2010 6:57 AM
Will someone please allow me to send them my .mix files and convert them. My house burned and all my photos were lost. I had scanned them to my PC, and then I put them on my laptop. My PC crashed, but the ones I loaded to my laptop loaded as .mix files. I have tried all the suggestions. I even bought a converter and did get them, but they are very tiny. Please help. These are all the pictures I have of childhood. Boo Hoo

Bottom
Next
Previous

Savina
Date Posted: Apr/30/2010 4:34 PM
Wow, so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I cannot help you, don't know WHO could with this one. Have you tried google searching for the solution?

-------------------------
CC always welcome! And thanks! :D
You're never a failure when you fail. You're a failure when you QUIT!

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Apr/30/2010 5:43 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hello, my heart goes out to you.
My name is Terry and I am so sorry but I can HELP!
Please send your files to me and I'll convert them on Monday.
My address is:

It doesn't matter how many you have but zipping them or sending about 5 at a time seems to be the best.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Terry

Bottom
Next
Previous

thedragonman
Date Posted: Jun/28/2010 12:30 PM
Use Polyview i just tried it and it worked like a charm

http://www.polybytes.com/

Fortune favors a prepared mind

Bottom
Next
Previous

ingram08kenny
Date Posted: Jun/29/2010 8:52 AM
cool

Bus pictures - Come to our site to see different buses. We have bus pictures, bus photos and videos.

Bottom
Next
Previous

JJ2U
Date Posted: Jun/29/2010 1:59 PM
ingram08kenny,
Do you keep Spam on your busses?

Joel W
"Coming together is a beginning...Staying together is progress...Working together is a success."
Anonymous

Bottom
Next
Previous

pappapeter
Date Posted: Oct/12/2010 11:46 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Microsoft still makes available a free Microsoft Digital Image Starter edition. It will batch convert .mix files to jpegs or png in a couple of easy steps. Works like a charm. Go under file and choose starter page, select batch process images and then Save As ...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=F3BA983B-8C10-44F6-9044-2BB1464937DC&displaylang=en

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/12/2010 6:19 PM
Has anybody still got any .Mix files around to convert? It's amazing how long this thread has run.

Bottom
Next
Previous

JJ2U
Date Posted: Oct/12/2010 8:38 PM
Almost makes me wish for some good old mix files. NOT

Joel W
"Coming together is a beginning...Staying together is progress...Working together is a success."
Anonymous

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Oct/14/2010 5:01 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi All,
I am one who still has PhotoDraw here and I do occassionally still get folks sending me files to convert. And I'm still happy to help anyone with that.
Send files to:
Terry

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/15/2010 4:40 AM
Maybe we need to refresh the list of programs that will still convert these files, I suspect some will have vanished or been changed.
Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

Naybag
Date Posted: Oct/19/2010 2:21 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Terry,

I actually have a few .mix files. Please look for an email from me soon. One question, what file formats can you convert too? In other words, can you save it as any file that would preserve the vector format so that the files are still "editable"

Bottom
Next
Previous

tmhutch
Date Posted: Jan/12/2011 2:12 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I want to send a BIG THANK YOU to Terry for converting my .mix photos that had fallen into the abiss. I tried every trick in the book to no avail so Terry is the hero at our house for bringing back some great memories!!

Todd

Bottom
Next
Previous

nickyball
Date Posted: Jan/12/2011 6:58 AM
Print Thread Text Format
hi
try Konvertor, it will convert between 2400+ different formats!
http://www.konvertor.net/indexe.html

Nicky

Bottom
Next
Previous
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.