Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.mix files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]

amominak
Date Posted: Sep/29/2007 2:51 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Here is the other file.

2tami[1].jpg2tami[1].jpg ( 55 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

TexasRose
Date Posted: Sep/29/2007 5:07 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I finally got them here on the Forum. Thank you so much for all your efforts. And yes, it was the entire email that was not getting through to me for some odd reason. The files weren't too big for me server, so I'm not real sure what the problem was. But you'll never know how much I appreciate it.

Bottom
Next
Previous

johneverd
Date Posted: Dec/28/2007 3:32 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Tried using Word every possible way, but no love. Saw the suggestion to use Polyview and it worked great! Was able to convert pictures from when my son was born into bitmap. Thank you so much !!
LINK:
http://www.polybytes.com/download.htm

Message edited by: johneverd on 12/28/2007 03:33:13

Bottom
Next
Previous

PolyviewLover
Date Posted: Jan/01/2008 10:27 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Polyview is the best photographic file converter that I have seen as a stand alone unit.

It is available at http://www.polybytes.com.

A great tool for the photographer!

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Jan/02/2008 6:17 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
I can't help wondering if in about 10 years time we'll see a thread like this somewhere for windows media photos (come on Polyview, better make a converter ready for them!) Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

Funone
Date Posted: Apr/06/2008 7:12 PM
Print Thread Text Format
If anyone needs their .mix files converted. I can do it immediately. Feel free to email them to me at I will convert them, and return them to you immediately. I will also delete them from my computer as soon as I send them back to you. I know what a pain it is to try to open .mix files, and it drove me crazy for weeks. But I have a program now that works wonders. Thanks

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Apr/06/2008 7:46 PM
Print Thread Text Format
And I still have PhotoDraw which has never failed me in conversions. Same address as always:
Cheers!

Bottom
Next
Previous

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Apr/09/2008 8:07 PM
I cannot believe this thread is still here. I have since given away my Picture It software and the email address for me is no longer valid. I see others have carried the torch in converting these files. Have a nice day all!!

-------------------------
Patty
Website

Bottom
Next
Previous

slog_man
Date Posted: May/23/2008 2:28 PM
Print Thread Text Format
So, I've been sitting on top of a few personal .mix files for a Long time. I've tried everything on this post (polyview, Word, other converters) to no avail. I was even able to get ahold of Picture It! Express 7 and it didn't even recognize .mix anymore. Anybody able to try and convert my multi-layer pictures to their previous goodness?

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: May/25/2008 2:54 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I can convert .mix from PhotoDraw to bmp or jpg, or whatever type you'd prefer. Send the files to and I'll help you out. It will be Tuesday before I can work on them, as I have the program at work.

Cheers!

Message edited by: amominak on 01/28/2009 21:18:26

Bottom
Next
Previous

Funone
Date Posted: Jun/15/2008 3:54 PM
Print Thread Text Format
If anyone needs any photos converted for them. Feel free to email them to me at I have no problem converting them to jpg or any other format for you. I check my email everyday. Thanks.

Bottom
Next
Previous

MoparChic72
Date Posted: Jul/03/2008 8:38 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi there. Is anyone on here still willing and able to convert .mix files to .jpg files? I have some files that I received that I can not open. I need to open these files, as they are for a memorial for a solider friend of mine that passed away. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Have a safe and happy Independence Day.

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Jul/03/2008 9:46 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi,
I can absolutely help you out. Send the files to me at I'll convert them on Monday if you send them over the weekend.

Thanks and have a great weekend.
Terry

Bottom
Next
Previous

MoparChic72
Date Posted: Jul/03/2008 10:25 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi Terry,

Thanks so much. I will send them over to you tonight. You don't know how much this means to me. Have a great holiday.

Take care,

Amy

Bottom
Next
Previous

Chloe
Date Posted: Jul/12/2008 9:13 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi I have now been able to convert my .mix files as under I had tried everything else first.
I have an old copy of Greetings on computer, no luck but I have a memory stick San-Disk and I downloaded .mix to this then clicked open first photo!! It came up in Greetings and allowed me to change to jpeg. Good luck. Chloe

Bottom
Next
Previous

Tewfik
Date Posted: Jul/29/2008 4:17 PM
Print Thread Text Format
im having the same problem with .mix files... im using Windows XP Pro, MWord 2002

this is like the 3rd forum ive been to looking for answers...

i have tried importing to MWord 2002 via insert, from file, then it shows a convert file window and when i click "Picture It! Format" it gives me a error while importing msg...

i have also tried using "PolyView" that looked like it was going to work but it wouldnt let me save my converted photos

and have also tried XnView, which seems to view the .mix files fine but when i try to open them to convert them i get a msg saying "Format of the file ____ could not be determined"

anyone have any other suggestions, or is the failure of all 3 of the options that seem to work for everyone saying my files are corrupt...

if anyone has anymore idea's i would appreciate it!!

~Chris

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Jul/29/2008 9:49 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hello there,

My offer stands for help with conversion through PhotoDraw. Just send your files to me at and I'll return them in the format you request.
I've only run into a couple of files I've not been able to convert.

Cheers,
Terry

Bottom
Next
Previous

DaleK
Date Posted: Mar/21/2009 6:39 AM
PLEASE help me out. I see where you were able to convert som .mix pic to a readable format. Will you explain how you got the converteer?

Thanks!

Bottom
Next
Previous

kat10394
Date Posted: Apr/03/2009 9:19 AM
Print Thread Text Format
are you still helping with the convert of .mix to jpeg?

Bottom
Next
Previous

bugdude10
Date Posted: Dec/30/2009 3:34 PM
Print Thread Text Format
For anyone who may still be interested, I used PolyView v4.402 to convert an old .MIX file to a .TIF file without any problem. (The Microsoft Word suggestion didn't work for me, using Word 2007 under Vista Ultimate.)

Bottom
Next
Previous
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.