Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.mix files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]

amominak
Date Posted: Aug/13/2007 1:25 PM
Print Thread Text Format
If you sent me the files to convert I did not receive any email from you. I can still do that for you if you need the help.

Terry

Message edited by: amominak on 01/28/2009 21:20:22

Bottom
Next
Previous

Adam
Date Posted: Aug/20/2007 7:47 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Terry -

I have sent you a picture for conversion. I appreciate your help. Thank you.

Adam

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Aug/22/2007 3:18 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I converted it and sent it to you just today. Did you receieve it?

Bottom
Next
Previous

MayMay23
Date Posted: Aug/24/2007 7:16 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Thanks for the help! It really did work.

Bottom
Next
Previous

MayMay23
Date Posted: Aug/24/2007 7:18 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Need to convert .mix files to .jpg quickly and without needing PictureIt? I figured out the easiest way to do it:

1. Have the said .mix file saved on your computer somewhere. "My Documents" is easy enough since it'll only be temporary.

2. Open up Microsoft Word and click on the "Insert" menu.

3. Click on "Picture" and then "From File..."

4. Find the .mix file that you have saved on your computer and insert it into the document. Now you should be able to view the image as a part of your Word document.

5. Now, in order to save it as a jpeg, just go to the "File" menu and click on "Save As."

6. Save the document as a "Web Page" (again, let's say in "My Documents")

7. You won't notice anything different, but then go to where you saved the web page document (in this case, your "My Documents" folder) and you'll see that there's the web page file along with a folder titled "filename_files." Open this folder and inside you'll find the .mix image saved as a jpeg. Then feel free to rename the image and place it wherever you'd like.

Please note that this has only been tested on Windows XP Professional. If anyone can try this on other Windows formats and see if it works in more or less the same way, then please post your findings here.

Hope this helps.

Someone else posted this a while back and it really did work for me. Hope it will help someone else.

Bottom
Next
Previous

dvjj
Date Posted: Aug/25/2007 2:55 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
There is some success to be had by doing this way of inserting a picture in a word document but in my case it only showed me 1 of the 4 photos, therefore to be sure that you have completely received all photos you need to know how many are in the mix. folder. Di

-------------------------
When life deals you lemons make lemonade!

Message edited by: dvjj on 08/25/2007 02:57:36

Bottom
Next
Previous

smurfettegreen1
Date Posted: Aug/31/2007 4:54 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Hello all
I have just recently received a .mix file. so far I have tried to open it in a 2003 Word doc. but I see the picture, but which selection do I make to have it insert into the document. Each one so far has come back with an error message. Therefore not inserting into the document to be able to save as .jpg

thanks
sandy

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Aug/31/2007 10:57 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I offer my conversion help to you with your file. If you like just send the .mix file to the following email address and I'll return it as a .jpg file.

Terry

Message edited by: amominak on 01/28/2009 21:19:52

Bottom
Next
Previous

smurfettegreen1
Date Posted: Aug/31/2007 7:22 PM
Print Thread Text Format
thank you ever so much Terry
already sent u an email with file enclosed ok.

sandy

Bottom
Next
Previous

KBJ
Date Posted: Sep/03/2007 7:36 AM
Print Thread Text Format
If, like me, google sent you here, I have good news:

www.polyview.com is the location for the converter that is current (Vista) and will convert those old .mix files. One problem: you need to select ALL FILES when browsing for opening the file rather than picture files (the default)because even Polyviewer doesn't expect anyone to still have them! Anyway, select ALL files and then select your .mix file and then save it as a bitmap AND a jpeg just to be sure it will be ok for the NEXT 10 years!

Hope this helps others as much as this forum helped me.

Bottom
Next
Previous

JerzGrl
Date Posted: Sep/23/2007 5:37 PM
Terry - I have sent you a few for conversion - I think you are awesome for offering to do this for us.

Lynn

Bottom
Next
Previous

TexasRose
Date Posted: Sep/25/2007 1:42 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I am not unfamiliar with PC's and several programs, but even I have had no luck in converting my .mix files. have used every suggestion on this forum to no avail. When I download Polyview, it convered, but back to the original file, not the edited version. I am using WinXP Home and Office 2003 Pro, and nothing has worked. I did email 2 pics to you Terry for help, luckily that is all I have. If you are not able to keep the edits in the converted file, do not worry about sending them back. Just send me a brief email letting me know it didn't work. Thanks!

Bottom
Next
Previous

PJMKE
Date Posted: Sep/25/2007 11:59 PM
Print Thread Text Format
MIX files are def PICTURE IT! files.
Insert them into any MS word processor and save file as a HTML file.
Then open the HTML file into IE or Mozilla.
Right Click on the image and save as gif, jpg, bmp

Bottom
Next
Previous

TexasRose
Date Posted: Sep/26/2007 4:44 PM
Print Thread Text Format
This does not work on all .mix files. I used Picture It! and created a couple of edited (with special effects) pics and these suggestions either do not work or only import the ORIGINAL picture before any edits. I contacted Microsoft directly yesterday and emailed them my pics. They are going to try and convert them (as is) and pass on the information to the design group for their Digital Imaging software that replaced Picture It! for them to add the ability to convert and/or open .mix files. I will post again after I receive their response and/or sugesstions.

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Sep/27/2007 10:07 PM
Print Thread Text Format
TexasRose, Did you receive the two files I sent as .jpg's? Just checking.

Bottom
Next
Previous

TexasRose
Date Posted: Sep/28/2007 3:29 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Thanks for checking. I just checked my email and SPAM box too, just in case, but nothing. Time here now is 2:30 pm on Friday afternoon. If you wouldn't mind trying again, email is , I would really appreciate it. Were you able to convert them as the actual 'edited' pic? I sure wish I could do it, that's for sure.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Sep/28/2007 4:51 PM
Texas Rose I would suggest you send your e.mail by private message, the forum is open to anybody to view and you may get spam or worse showing it here (not from members) Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

TexasRose
Date Posted: Sep/28/2007 7:33 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I appeciate the suggestion, but Earthlink has one of the best SPAM filters going. If you're not in my address book, it goes directly into SPAM for me to review at a later time. If I don't add you to my Inbox, it never gets there even if I view it in my SPAM. It also gives me an option to block the sender's domain name. So I am not worried at all. Been with them for over 10 years, and am thoroughly satisfied.

Bottom
Next
Previous

amominak
Date Posted: Sep/28/2007 9:27 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I sent again Texasrose... Hope you get them this time.

Bottom
Next
Previous

TexasRose
Date Posted: Sep/28/2007 11:44 PM
Print Thread Text Format
For some reason they aren't coming through. It's strange. Even if I receive a .exe file they scan it, fix it if necessary, but still deliver the message minus the files. How large are they? I am able to receive files up to 10MG, so I douubt that is the issue. Maybe you could just upload them online here, if possible. I have never had a problem receiving jpgs. I appreciate your tries though.

Bottom
Next
Previous
This Topic has 9 pages :  [ 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Previous ]
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.