Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
WISH I WAS IN CANDYLAND
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Sep/09/2010 9:38 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Playing around with this. New thing for me. How do I get the candy to look like it was there and not pasted/floating into the image.

-------------------------
Patty
Website

_DSC6179-candy-wishes-copy5.jpg_DSC6179-candy-wishes-copy5.jpg ( 516 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Sep/10/2010 7:18 AM
The candy is much brighter than the environment. So I would try toning the candy down. Did you blur the edges so they blend better?

No one takes a picture of something they want to forget.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Sep/10/2010 12:31 PM
Also try adding a shadow to the candy, in the real world we don't notice shadows but we notice if they are missing.

Bottom
Next
Previous

nes
Date Posted: Sep/10/2010 3:03 PM
The image instantly caught my attention, love the capture of the little girl in such a fantasy way, but then the more I looked at it the more I felt the additional images (candy) ruined was was an excellent image.

Bottom
Next
Previous

E.
Date Posted: Sep/10/2010 8:42 PM
The theme and execution of the original photo is great. The fairy dust seems good the way it was added in. I think if the candy blended in as if it were part of the scene and not looking pasted in then the entire image would be great.

The fairy dust pot is in the shadow of the girl and I think it wouldn't fit in if it were not since it needs the same shadow direction as the girl has.

The DOF blur of the original photo needs to be matched up with the candy that is at the same level (or distance from the lens). As is the candy is sharp but the point where it is placed in the photo is not. Also notice you have some gray around some of the candy that needs to be removed.

Bottom
Next
Previous

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Sep/11/2010 11:50 AM
Thanks for helping me try to figure out why the candy looks fake. The original image the little girl is actually doing her own thing pushing her doll dressed in the same outfit as hers in a pink stroller. It was a candid caught while photographing another child also in a fairy outfit. I cloned out the bit of stroller that was just to her left side trying to make a better candid which I liked. Then I just became caught up in the child's imaginative play and was trying to think like a fairy. First try, bad job. lol

Nes, I agree that the image without the candy is quite pretty and have kept that version as well. I do think though there's a whimsical image to be created also.

Ok, so DOF, color toning and shadows, I'll go back to the drawing board. This is the feedback I needed. Thanks to all!

Patty
Website

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.