Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Pet Photography
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

RadMan
Date Posted: Jun/21/2007 3:44 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
I have some questions for any of you that have done (or are thingking of doing) pet photography.
1. What type of lighting do you bring to the photo site? (I'm trying to figure out how much of an initial investment I would need to make).
2. What do you charge?
3. Are there any experiences that you are willing to share that would make things easier for beginners in this area?
Many thanks.
-radman

Bottom
Next
Previous

Law
Date Posted: Jun/22/2007 8:42 AM
Radman-#1 use KISS method. You need to work fast and be flexiable. Flash needs to recycle fast. Flat lighting is fine but always have high enough to eliminate red eye. Camera-125th f11-16 to give good DOF. Dogs are photographed like small children. Have toys that are animated or makes sounds and have owner or assistant do toys to get ears up. Tongue out(dogs-yours will be dragging later)give them water or put hand in dogs mouth and be ready to shoot quick,this only works for a second, or sometimes showing them a treat works.Be prepared to be done under 30min, attention spans are short. I charge $75 location fee, 8x10`s start at $48. All proofs shown on encrepted disc low res. Investment-Indoor-2-monolights(1 could work),stands,umbrellas-$600-$1000. Outdoors- flash on bracket(9in. above lense) could work. Does this help? Larry

-------------------------
If I don`t make sense,...Oh well.
Also-I have forgotten more about photography than I will ever know.

Bottom
Next
Previous

RadMan
Date Posted: Jun/26/2007 9:16 PM
Larry,
Sorry for the late reply, but I was out of town. Your response was very helpful. Many thanks.
-radman

Bottom
Next
Previous

Easy8
Date Posted: May/12/2017 8:56 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I set up at several large doggie daycares once a month. I bring background and stand. I use white vinyl so easy to wipe down. I bring two mono lights an a boom for hair light an two clamp lights to light background. sometimes clients like to be in picture. I bring a stool for clients an for frisky little dogs who dont stand still put them on stool an they wont jump. I shoot tethered to a mac pro an only show clients 5 pics to choose from than an there those I send to a external hd with the clients name on it. I sell only two sizes matted all acid free materials 11x14 matted or 16x20 matted no need for custom framing standard sized. I charge 40 an 60 respectfully paid right there. I take cc with paypal free reader. I deliver all prints within the week back to the daycare where they pick them up. I do all my printing. Hope this helps

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.