Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
wedding photography
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

cyrena
Date Posted: Mar/14/2007 7:23 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Kia ora guys
I am new to this and would like to say HI
I have just started using digital for my weddings. I am new in Business and am very unsure of where to go once I have taken the photos.
Do I give them the cd with the copies of all the photos, do i include this into the cost. Do I show them the cd on my computer and let them choose which ones they want.
Also any ideas of displaying the photos that I print from Neg to give to the bride and groom.
Any other tips would be great as have just started doing this as a full time business.
Thanks looking forward to getting heaps of info
Cyrena

Bottom
Next
Previous

scarman1313
Date Posted: Mar/14/2007 11:12 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
well I think it would pay you nor ro give them a CD of your photos for two reasons. First that takes money from your pocket due to prints you cannot sell. Second they might not get prints at a place you use with the higher standers so the photos do not look as good as if you had them done at a lab you use. This would make your work look bad and could cost you customer. Not all labs are the same. I have never sold a print or got paid for my work, so take what I say with that in mind.

Bottom
Next
Previous

imagesbymarie
Date Posted: Mar/15/2007 10:34 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Brides are wanting a CD of the proofs more and more in my area. I never tell a client NO. I tell them how much it will cost. And I try to keep my packages affordable for my brides. Than again I only photograph around 40 weddings a year.

Images by Marie

Bottom
Next
Previous

Law
Date Posted: Mar/15/2007 2:56 PM

Marie is right,never say no. Anytime your asked to do something you don`t care to do,charge big bucks,it becomes more enjoyable.
I have two pricing structures for weddings.
Traditional-Images are on encrypted,low res. CD for ordering and are online.
I retain copyrights,they order prints from me.They do receive the CD with a minumum
order.
Option-All images JPEG on CD with a copyright release.This is where you charge big bucks,your are
selling your copyright.
There are two kinds of brides-Those that want all their images just to have and view,and those that want their images to make their own prints from.So I have cover both kinds.

-------------------------
If I don`t make sense,...Oh well.
Also-I have forgotten more about photography than I will ever know.

Bottom
Next
Previous

ATDUSK
Date Posted: Mar/03/2016 2:47 AM
A good wedding photographer is always punctual so long as he is properly contracted. Hes there before the pre-wedding session. The intending wouldnt need to call him on phone or look for him at any time.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale472003
Date Posted: Mar/03/2016 4:15 AM
Being on time is a part of being a wedding photographer, but in reality your a lot more than just a photographer.
Most of the job is man managment, organising the people, getting them where you want them when you want them.
Then there dealing with the variables like weather, venues, lighting (the trend around here is dark gloomy "black hole of Calcutta" style venues at the moment), so night vision goggles for reading the order of service could be an options soon.
Then your fixing dresses and flowers, first aider, occasionally wedding car driver (I've ended up doing it a few times as I have a big car)even bodyguard on occasions.
Yes gone are the days were you turned up at the church, plonked down a tripod, shot 12 group shots (on 120 film) and went home.... Happy days....

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale472003
Date Posted: May/05/2016 8:25 AM
Different people offer different packages, we tend to only give the images that are in the album, all the pictures taken are extra.

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.