Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Volunteer
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

scarman1313
Date Posted: Mar/12/2007 6:25 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
I was just wondering if anyone has thought about volunteering you photography skills to some non profit agency. I do and to me it is a win, win. I get some free exposer, meet new people and they get good photos they can use.

Bottom
Next
Previous

jen p
Date Posted: Mar/12/2007 6:50 PM
Sounds great. Do you photograph the different events they have?

-------------------------
jen p - Do it anyway.

Bottom
Next
Previous

scarman1313
Date Posted: Mar/12/2007 7:47 PM
yes I do and I get credit for the photos when they use them.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Zinger
Date Posted: Mar/12/2007 9:09 PM
I take an annual trip to Yellowstone National Park every year and take photos at a place called The Grizzly and Wolf Discovery Center in West Yellowstone, MT. (West entrance to the park) I give my photos to the center to use in their brochures, t-shirts, calendars, coffee mugs, etc.

It's a great way to get some exposure, but more importantly to give back to a place that has brought me a lot of joy.

--Zinger

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Mar/13/2007 12:27 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Local leasure centre presentations to charities like the Air Ambulance and Motor Neurone Disease, plus any other stuff they want doing...

Bottom
Next
Previous

E.
Date Posted: Mar/14/2007 12:07 PM
I've helped Making Memories several times. They've used lots of my stuff and created a brochure from it as well. Right now only one shot on their site though. Some of their regions have also used my shots.

http://www.makingmemories.org/antique_gown_division.html

There is a connection between Making Memories and Vintage Bridal
http://www.vintagebridal.net/

Bottom
Next
Previous

asysin2leads
Date Posted: Mar/29/2007 9:43 PM
I don't yet, but will when I am more comfortable with my photographic skills. This group takes photos of critically ill children. Having already lost a son when he was 4 days old and almost losing my recent addition (3/6/07), I want to put my skills to use. I wish I had more pictures of my first son. I like what this group does.

American Child Photographers Charity Guild

Does anyone else here shoot for this group and what are your thoughts on it?

"Never take on 7 men when all you're packin' is a 6-gun." Col. Sherman T. Potter, CO, 4077th M*A*S*H

Bottom
Next
Previous

Coastalpics
Date Posted: Mar/31/2007 6:31 AM
asysin2leads, I'm sorry about your loss and your most recent scare.
I checked out that website....it's amazing! I was in tears going through the pages. What a service to offer to families. I actually sent a link to a friend who specializes in child photography in my area and I hope he signs up!

Linda

Bottom
Next
Previous

Slaphappy
Date Posted: Apr/10/2007 9:30 PM
I did family and individual portraits for about 8 months last year in exchange for a $25 Hospice donation. I wasn't quite ready to start a business and needed more experience. The portraits were mostly done at the beach and I learned so much about posing and dealing with people. You are right...it IS a "win-win" situation. I found that more people volunteered to have pics done when a charitable donation is involved. Of course, I had an ad put in the newsletter of the hospital I work at, so I peaked the interest of the health care workers! In the end I raised over $600 and gained the experience I needed to start a small business as of this year...I highly recommend this approach to photograpers looking for experience, try to help someone else while you are helping yourself!

Bottom
Next
Previous

nasoj21
Date Posted: May/18/2007 11:14 PM
I contacted some organization about doing it for them, but I am just too busy right now, but I think that everyone should.

JB

Bottom
Next
Previous

PhotoKathy
Date Posted: May/29/2007 9:34 AM
Yep, I volunteer each summer on the photography team for the annual hydroplane races. The entire race organization is ALL volunteers, including security, food tents, and the announcers. (We pay for our cranes and prizes with money funded to us from a wide array of sponsors.)

My city's race site: www.gold-cup.com

One benefit I got from this volunteer job is, a photo researcher doing a children's book series on horsepower found one of my photos doing an internet search, and wanted that image for the book cover. The publisher compensated me for the rights to use this image, then I received another check months later when the book was reprinted in a 2nd language.

Canon user (50D).

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.