Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Missed wedding shot
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

SJZ17
Date Posted: Apr/22/2013 10:19 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Hello everyone,

I should start with saying that I am not in the photography business, not in the least. I do kid or family shoots if someone asks me but not for a lot of money to be sure. It's more my hobby.

Anyway my sister-in-laws brother was getting married and they asked me to shoot the wedding. I nervously agreed, but made absolutely certain they knew that I had NEVER done a wedding before and have zero such experience. So they weren't expecting me to be a perfect pro at it. So yes, some of the pictures could definitely have turned out better, I could have done more creative shots, etc. but it didn't go to badly.

Now I realize that I have not one shot of the bride with bridesmaids or the groom with groomsmen... only group shots. I am horrified!! Do I just tell them? Or do I try to crop them out of one? Or find someone who can photoshop one together...

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Apr/23/2013 3:44 AM
It might be possible to crop or photoshop one, but in your position having told them you were inexperienced I'd be tempted to say nothing, edit the pics and only give them the good ones. If they later challenge you I'd remind them that you did warn them not to expect pro pics (thats what they PAY for)I'm assuming you haven't charged them?
Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

SJZ17
Date Posted: Apr/23/2013 7:44 AM
I did their engagement photos, they were very happy and voluntarily paid me $40. Anyway when we discussed the wedding I told her I was buying a few items and how about $200 just to pretty much cover my costs. She thought that was more than fair and paid $250. So yes I did charge them something... but certainly not a 'pro price'.

Bottom
Next
Previous

wolfgang
Date Posted: Apr/23/2013 9:48 AM
Yes, 250$ is really very less price. Some professional photographer take 3000$ and more for the engagement and wedding also.
Wedding

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.