Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Hello Everybody...?
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

Shep1478
Date Posted: Nov/11/2010 11:32 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
It's been a VERY long time since I've visited the forums, in fact I actually posted a reply in another area here - 1st time since I dont know when!!

I was kind of shocked that there hasn't been much activity here. Is it me, or are things slowing down?

I hope everyone is doing well! I saw the post Nes put up concerning her health issues; I'll be filling out the prayer list Sunday for you.

I hope business has been fabulous for everyone. My wife and I have been EXTREMELY busy! We're very blessed for a record year in 2010, and 2011 is even looking better. We've even got some booked for early 2012.

I've recently upgraded my main camera; I'm now shooting a Nikon D3s. It's a fantastic camera. A major step up from the D300. It has really improved my work. In addition, I've moved away from Lightroom and now do all my Post on Mac systems. I'm very happy with Apples Aperture 3.0 software. I'm still a Photoshop nut at heart though.

Anyone noticing any new trends developing? One thing I'm noticing now is that the Bridal and Grooms parties are becoming a little smaller; instead of the 5-6 attendants and groomsmen, I see it averaging about 4 now on each side. I've shot one this year that had 8 each, but that was the only one!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone, and I hope to become more involved during the off-season this winter!

Jim

-------------------------
Jim Sheppard
Dahlonega, GA

www.watersmill.com

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/12/2010 10:10 AM
Hi Jim, here it'seems to be two best men is fairly popular this year, and recently every wedding seems to have a VW beatle or van as a wedding car, don't know why but I'm guessing it's a trend in a bridal magizine or something.

Bottom
Next
Previous

nes
Date Posted: Nov/14/2010 6:00 PM
I am holding out hope that the next few months I will have successful procedures on my back.
My confirmatory nerve block test went well, but insurance is being a pain and making me redo it. (Just imagine needles being jabbed into the nerve endings of your back from the L2 to the S1 on both sides in under 30 min. - pleasant isnt it?)

Now to throw a wrench into the entire thing, I may have herniated my L4. If I did, then can't do other procedure. Go for MRI on Wednesday. If I did herniate, I will have to get my back fused. Just plane sucks.

Because my ds is developing a drug habit and uses me as an excuse "mom is stoned more then I am with all her pain meds" I no longer take them during the day, I wait till bed time so i can get perhaps 4 hours of sleep. Otherwise I just hurt to much to sleep.

We got a foot of snow yesterday and I had an early class. The ride was beautiful. It was one of those thick snows that sticks to the bare branches of trees around not quiet yet frozen water. I stood staring out of the hallway window gazing at a lone willow tree, weighed down with the snow, it was breath taking. Wish I had my camera and a way to get to it. I watched 4 students take out their point and shoots and try to get the image from the window. Resisted the impulse to suggest better angles, covering the flash so it wouldn't bounce back off the window into the camera etc. There was one student with serious equipment checking it out. I suggested he grab his coat, hike over the quad and get a shot. Do it in black and white.

That was all the fun the snow had to offer. Pushing a walker through 6 inches of snow, to the back of a car that had knee high snow piled behind it courtesy of the plow, lifting said walker and tossing it into car. Trying to walk around clear windows and then back out....not fun.

Its a great campus. 3 20 something year old guys saw my trouble and helped get me out of my parking spot.

By the time the snow ended, there was 11 inches on the ground.

Now if the sun had come out....that would have been a dream, and I would have had to just hurt for a day to get the many shots I could have.

As for weddings, the trend seems to be simpler. Seeing lots of family members making and decorating the cake, making dresses. Pasta seems to be a common dish with a touch of chicken tossed in.

We are doing a wedding next July, regardless of how I feel for our friends daughter. She rented a park for 2 hours to get married under the wood structure. Her mom is making the cake, her aunt the girls dresses, she got her dress at 50% off. Her dad is a minister and is walking her down the isle and then doing the service. Reception back at the churches fellowship hall, pot luck. (Her dad was our best man). We are doing the photos for free, the album is our gift. Another friend is learning how to do video, doing it for free. All in all, she spend under $5k for the entire thing. (They are picking wild flowers in the morning to make bouquets.

Bottom
Next
Previous

carrollove
Date Posted: Dec/29/2010 1:29 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Great tips . well i think everyone is wishing for a perfect wedding even just seeing it right after the events trough pictures and videos !

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.