Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Reshooting some wedding pics????
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Nov/24/2009 2:45 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
My neighbor got married last month. She got the proof book back from the photographer. She says that things went so fast that there were some pictures they wanted that the photog didn't take. She's asked me if I can take them. I don't mind.

Is it not crazy that they would get all dressed up again to take more pictures???

(btw one picture he missed was a posed picture of just bride and groom at the altar. the other pictures she wants are more artsy.)

-------------------------
No one takes a picture of something they want to forget.

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Nov/24/2009 8:50 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Wow that was one important picture he missed!! he is lucky he isn't getting sued by them.
That is crazy that they are getting all dressed up again, usually in weddings there are no do overs.
You will do great and I bet they will wish they had hired you, Plus there won't be all that stress. Good luck

My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/25/2009 2:08 AM
Don't jump on the guy too quickly, many churches won't let you shoot during the service, and lots won't let you use flash that could also be a factor in a dimly lit church. We don't know all the details or what was actually said to the guy, he may have just missed it or he may not have been allowed to take it.

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Nov/25/2009 2:52 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I've had this before... Arranged beforehand with the vicar, B&G to go back in the church after the service to get some propoer shots that they wanted that weren't allowed during the service, like shooting over the vicars shoulder as they put the rings on... For that reason I didn't bother to take too many during the service of just the B&G and concentrated on shots from the balcony... After they got outside they were that caught up in the moment and kept on saying they would go back in later, anyway they left it too late as the vicar had other commitments and had to go, so they never got those shots... Even the best layed plans can go out of the window at weddings because you can't bully the B&G...

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Nov/25/2009 7:05 AM
I went to the wedding and I've already seen the proof book. The photographer was allowed to shoot during the service and use his flash. I'm talking about after the service when they get posed shots with family, etc. The photographer didn't get one of just the bride and groom.

This couple is from Arizona. They moved here in April. They started making wedding plans when they got here. She had already hired the photographer when she found out I was in to photography.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/25/2009 3:44 PM
What none at all of the B+G on their own? not even the formal posed couple shots?

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Nov/25/2009 8:46 PM
Oh yes, he got some of the just he 2 of them outside the reception place. He didn't get one of just them for the posed shots (after the ceremony) at the altar. It must be pretty important to her if she wants to have that one done now.

The ones he did of just them outside the reception place were good. I don't know why she wants more artsy pictures. I thought the ones he did would have been sufficient.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Victor
Date Posted: Dec/08/2009 1:53 PM
I took pictures at the wedding of a friends daughter 2 weeks ago. I set up a video camera in addition to taking photos. Guess who stepped right in front of the video camera when it came time to exchange rings. Forgot all about the damn thing. Luckily I have plenty of photos. A bonehead move I'm not likely to repeat.

Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Dec/08/2009 3:16 PM
laughing..... my..... backside...... offf!!!!!

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Dec/08/2009 3:58 PM
A local photographer to me wanted to do videos as well as photographs so instead of getting somebody who knew what they were doing he got his plumber to work the video camera on the cheap. The guy had never even seen the camera before the wedding, the videos smashing... but it would be even better if they had turned on the sound as well.

Bottom
Next
Previous

emmi1406
Date Posted: Mar/15/2012 12:47 AM
I love to do wedding photography. Its attract people the most. I will definitely look forward for online classes.

Lake Tahoe Wedding Photographers

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.