Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
photo and video service
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

jong
Date Posted: Apr/08/2008 4:20 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
If you are about to get married soon, you will definitely need to avail services like [website deleted by Administrator - the Forums are not the place to advertise on PhotographyTips.com] so that every moment of your wedding is captured. Just always stick to the basics. First, pick the best among the many photo services available around. Second, ask for free estimates to plan your budget. And finally, coordinate to your photographer to have so that your pictures will come out good and beautifully done.

Message edited by: PhotographyTips.com moderator on 10/09/2013 11:57:53

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Apr/09/2008 4:28 PM
Hi Jong and welcome to the forum. First of all most of the members here are photographers themselves so I doubt many will want to hire your services. Second although you advertise photography I can't find any still images of wedding on your site. Lastly I hate waiting for windows media to open to play a video, most sites use flash now. Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

Matthew7v1
Date Posted: Apr/09/2008 8:57 PM
While I don't expect to photograph my own wedding, if I was going to look for a service that advertises through Spontaneous Photography Advice Messages (aka S.P.A.M.) I'd at least look for one that included giving the guests disposable cameras to incorporate into the eventual proofs, books, and CDs. Everyone needs a backup plan to guarantee some decent photos, right?

Bottom
Next
Previous

FedererPhoto
Date Posted: Apr/16/2008 1:36 PM
Print Thread Text Format
While we are spamming: [website deleted by Administrator - the Forums are not the place to advertise on PhotographyTips.com] haha, just jokin' with you jong.

Matthew,

I'm not 100% sure 'disposable cameras' are a backup plan. A suplement to a good wedding photography professional, but likely not a proper 'backup'. Or, another way: if your using disposable cameras on the table as a backup... you should get a better photographer.

(I've had friends that did this and they ended up with 90% stupid shots that should immediately go in the trash, 9.9% shots that only have 'value' in that they caught someone or something from a different angle but are technically garbage, and .1% (about 2 pictures total) were decent photos)

Message edited by: PhotographyTips.com moderator on 10/09/2013 11:59:33

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Apr/16/2008 1:57 PM
Disposable cameras a great fun way for the guests to get to know each other, they are not a very good way to get wedding photos. From what I have seen at weddings this year, a fair number of the cameras will just disapear off the face of the earth, many will be given to children to play with (to keep them quiet) and most of the rest will be used for "silly" party type photos. Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous

Zinger
Date Posted: Apr/16/2008 2:50 PM

<< I'm not 100% sure 'disposable cameras' are a backup plan. >>

Matthew can be pretty tongue-in-cheek with his humor (which is one of the things that endears us to him around here). I am confident that his post was entirely in jest. Jong is quite obviously a spammer.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Matthew7v1
Date Posted: Apr/16/2008 7:13 PM
Zinger is correct; I have this disease that makes me think I'm funny... I'm simply reflecting on the perceived quality of the services. Of course, I could be wildly off base -- if the individual in question produces better photos than a typical inebriated friend-of-a-friend with a disposable camera ("now with flash! 3 for $12!") I'm sure s/he can simply speak up here. I'm always happy to be wrong.

I have to admit that I've been thinking about wedding photography recently. Not doing it -- I haven't completely lost my mind -- but hiring it. My first wedding didn't have a photographer, and I did get some decent photos from my family. Now that I'm looking forward to my second wedding, I may do the same thing. I'm such a savage when it comes to image quality and vision that I probably wouldn't be able to afford any photographer whose work I would want to buy. Going the happysnaps route would let me forget all about it and enjoy the photos for the experience of the guests.

(My future wife may have other ideas...)

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Apr/17/2008 5:30 AM
This got me thinking, I'm seriously contemplating starting a new wedding service, $12 a day, for that you get the village idiot (no it's not me honest!) and 3 disposable cameras from the local pound shop (dime store). Yes you do have to pay to have the photos processed yourself, but as a plus you get to keep the village idiot! (we have plenty to go around here).
Gone are the expenses of buying Canon 1Ds3's or Nikon D3, gone the expensive lens, no photoshop or lightroom expenses or updates to worry about, just sit back and rake in the money (well the $12 anyway)I wouldn't mind betting theres actually a demand for that service Wayne

Message edited by: swanseamale47 on 04/17/2008 05:32:22

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Apr/17/2008 7:39 AM
Print Thread Text Format
You've got me going now Wayne, what follows is all your fault...

A photographer drives into a little village and sees a country bumpkin sitting on a fence, chewing on a straw... He winds down the car window and asks the man 'Do you know where the church is? I have some wedding photographs to take there today'... The local replied 'Yep!'... A long pause ensued and the photographer retorted 'Well aren't you going to tell me where it is then' to which the local replied 'You didn't ask me to tell you how to get there you just asked if I knew where it was'... By this time the photographer was starting to get mad and asked 'Are you the village idiot?'. The man still chewing on his straw, without sign of emotion replied 'I was till you arrived'... The photographer replied 'I'm an educated man with letters after my name, so I'm no idiot'... To which the bumpkin replied 'Maybe, but at least I know where the bloody church is'...

Bottom
Next
Previous

crankypants
Date Posted: Apr/17/2008 8:35 AM
Now that's funny. Thanks for sharing Kenny.

-------------------------
Stay in life, life is a gift. It's a joy. Don't drop out of it...Dick LeBeau

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Apr/17/2008 9:15 AM
Typical! I get the blame for everything around here

Bottom
Next
Previous

crankypants
Date Posted: Apr/17/2008 2:49 PM
The way the economy is fast going downhill here you may have a great idea Wayne.

Stay in life, life is a gift. It's a joy. Don't drop out of it...Dick LeBeau

Bottom
Next
Previous

Law
Date Posted: Apr/17/2008 4:42 PM
Well you 2 hijacked this thread into something more entertaining. Great stories.lol!
The only time I`ve shot a disposable was at a wedding I was shooting. Saw a friend of mine and the bride going to the men`s room at the reception. Grabbed the disposable off the table and followed. Yelled his name and shot. Looked good in the camera,his confussed look standing at the urinal. Put the camera back on the table. Three days later the bride`s mother calls,ask me if I shot it. I explained I`m a professional and only use professional equipment. She didn`t beleive me. Larry

If I don`t make sense,...Oh well.
Also-I have forgotten more about photography than I will ever know.

Bottom
Next
Previous

carrollove
Date Posted: Jul/25/2013 12:59 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Absolutely right, Planning to get married soon should plan ahead so necessary materials and settings needed are prepared without no hassle.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Jul/25/2013 6:15 AM
You can now buy disposable digital cameras, the one I saw took 40 pics then stopped, you could download them to your computer or take it in and get up to 5x7 prints.

Now the thing is they cost about £10-£12each, for just a few pounds more you can buy a proper cheap crappy compact digital camera that you can use over and over again. (I've seen them for £14 in the supermarkets near me) Whey would you buy disposable in that case?

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.