Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
question on flash
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

chance
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 8:04 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I am just not getting my flash but I am going to keep trying until I get it. Last night in bed I had an Epiphany and I wonder if I am right. I am trying to balance the ambient light with the subject. My flash I have is way overkill for me but that is neither here nor there, I might as well utilize it.(sb 900)
Set my camera to the scene so that the exposure will be correct and then dial on my flash in manual till I get my desired result. I just want a little fill flash without looking like I used flash. I am able to use it off cam so I might experiment with that a little. It is just so hit and miss with me, it gets me frustrated!

-------------------------
My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 3:11 PM
Print Thread Text Format
If your flash is slaved to your camera you can set the flash at -1 to -1.5. The camera will send the exposure information to the flash and it will calculate from there. This is what I do and it has worked for me.

Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 3:27 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Are you using TTL ot TTL BL? TTL BL is supposed to be balanced for the ambiant lighting. failing that dial in some comensation on the flash (as above says)

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 7:28 PM
Print Thread Text Format
What does slaved to my flash mean?? You mean off cam? I tried the ttl/bl and it worked really well until it mattered and then it didn't seem to. I will keep trying. Thanks for the advice

My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Message edited by: chance on 10/16/2010 19:28:34

Bottom
Next
Previous

jimmy h
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 10:01 PM
chance there is a dvd called speed of light, made especially for nikon flash system, it explains a lot. you can download it free from one of many torrent sites,
the piratebay.org being one that is good
if not just try to rent it or buy it.hope this helps.

wannabeoutside

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/17/2010 5:55 AM
When I use Nikon I find I have to keep switching back and fro between ttl and ttlbl and ajusting the power to get consistant results, it seems to be an issue with the sb900, didn't have to do it with the sb 800.

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.