Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
favorite camera bag
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

chance
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 8:08 AM
Print Thread Text Format
What does everyone use for a camera bag? I bought a sling back awhile back and I absoulutely hate it. Thinking of getting a pull along case (suit case type) and modifying it with some type of foam. I know it wouldn't do very well on a hike but I just don't want to have to carry anything-especially when I get my slingback all packed and I think it weighs 50lbs and in reality it only weighs about 6lbs!!

-------------------------
My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

photolady
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 6:28 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Hmmm ... this is a loaded question - LOL! I have a backpack type that I can put both cameras, 2 big lenses, a small lens and flash plus all the assorted batteries, CF cards, Expodisc, etc.

If I'm only taking one camera and one lens, I have a holster type bag that is big enough for either the 50D or 7D with the 100-400 lens attached.

Then, if I want to take one camera with a couple lenses or one lens and a flash, I have a smaller Lowepro bag.

And finally, if I want to take one camera, a couple lenses and a flash, I have a Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home bag.

I had a sling type bag but never really liked it so got rid of it. I've decided there is no one perfect bag for me so I cycle through the above options, depending on how much gear I want to take with me. The backpack and Crumpler can be quite heavy when I have them loaded.

I'm a big help, aren't I? LOL!

Alice

Message edited by: photolady on 10/16/2010 18:31:01

Bottom
Next
Previous

jimmy h
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 7:13 PM
finally got to buy my billingham 555 bag this year with the end pockets on, i love it. you can fit a small house in it if you have too haha, its quite heavy but really good, wanted one for years but they was too expensive, so i saved and got me one haha.

wannabeoutside

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 7:31 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I guess I never really thought about how many different bags/options there are. Sounds like you have one for every occasion Alice!! LOL
I will have to look up bags and cases and go from there.

My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/17/2010 6:05 AM
I used to use a BIG massive bag that would hold 3 bodies with drives/grips and 9 lens + flash and tons of filters, sadly it didn't do my back a lot of good so I binned it.
Now I tend to use a big-ish old Hama bag for weddings as it will hold 2 camera 4 lens and a couple of flashes (the rest of the stuff I stash somewhere) but for all day walking I use a backpack type bag (better for the back), but I'm not really happy with any of the ones I have tried.
The backpack types seem to have a few issues, my prolem with them is where do you put your other hiking kit? I'm an old soldier, when I go off in the boondocks I like to go prepared, you know water, first aid, survival kit etc etc, the trouble is most photo backpacks either don't have room for it, or worse (IMHO) is your water/coffee/squash) is above your camera gear, don't fancy that idea much. even the best bottles can leak.
I haven't really found a proper solution to this.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/17/2010 6:10 AM

<< finally got to buy my billingham 555 bag this year with the end pockets on, i love it. you can fit a small house in it if you have too haha, its quite heavy but really good, wanted one for years but they was too expensive, so i saved and got me one haha. >>

I used to have the 455, great bags, I gave to to a friend when it started to get tatty, still have the rucksack straps here somewhere, are they any good to you Jimmy?

Bottom
Next
Previous

jimmy h
Date Posted: Oct/17/2010 12:06 PM
hello wayne
will the rucksack straps fit the 555 i have no idea mate, i dont have much trouble with the overshoulder strap but i bet the rucksack option would be good. i will find out if they fit mate and give you a shout
cheers wayne.

wannabeoutside

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/17/2010 12:42 PM
The straps are in very good nick mate, I think I only used them once or twice, they are brass and canvas stuff (like the strap) they clip into little webbing loops on the top and bottom of the bag.
Your welcome to them if they are any good to you, no good to me.
Wayne

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.