Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
NIKON LENSES
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Sep/06/2010 12:07 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Anyone have any of these and/or thoughts about them?

18-200 VR
55-200 VR
70-300 VR
55-300 VR

-------------------------
Patty
Website

Bottom
Next
Previous

JJ2U
Date Posted: Sep/06/2010 1:32 AM
I have the 55-200 VR. It is a kit lens. A good serviceable optic but not great and it is not moisture resistant as their is no rubber ring at its base. The 18-200 is also a kit lens, I've heard good things about it but it is still a kit lens.
Don't know about the other two.

Joel W
"Coming together is a beginning...Staying together is progress...Working together is a success."
Anonymous

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Sep/06/2010 8:17 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I have both the 18-200 and the 70-300. Don't really see much difference as far as 200 to 300. The 18-200 has been a good walk around lens because of the versatilitly and I have used the 300 at times too and I liked it, I just wish I would have saved up for the 70-200 2.8. That will be my next one.

My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Sep/06/2010 1:02 PM
I really want the 70-200 2.8 as well, Chance. I am just making slow progress on getting it. I want it for night games and weddings. I was mulling around trying to satisfy myself with something else in the meantime. I aleady have lenses to cover the range but not the 2.8 or the vr. I have always been extremely steady but with the D300 the weight gives me a bit of shake at low shutter sometimes compared to holding the d70. I thought I might could enjoy some vr. Joel, I am trying to convince myself i could benefit from the VR on a walk around lens. I don't know. I have lens fever.

Patty
Website

Message edited by: GadgetGal on 09/06/2010 13:04:18

Bottom
Next
Previous

JJ2U
Date Posted: Sep/06/2010 2:26 PM
Patty, that's why you're GadgetGal, no? Seriously, we all have lens fever and I can see wanting a 70-300 2.8 VR, Pop Photo gave it a resounding send off But I can't say it's going to be a walk around lens at 3.5 lbs. VR II gives 3-4 stops of hand held ability though. And B& H has it for $2,160(70-200 f/2.8)
They don't hate the 70-300 f/4.5 - 5.6. It weighs slightly over 1-1/2 lbs and VR adds 1-2 stops to your settings. The price though is much easier at $590 (USA)at B&H, $499 (Imported).
Good luck.

Joel W
"Coming together is a beginning...Staying together is progress...Working together is a success."
Anonymous

Bottom
Next
Previous

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Sep/07/2010 6:12 PM
Tis true, JJ, I do like my "toys". LOL

Thanks for your thoughts!

Patty
Website

Bottom
Next
Previous

GadgetGal
Date Posted: Nov/08/2011 5:17 PM
Well, I finally got that 2.8 70-200 VR II lens and all I can say is they may have to pry it out of my dead fingers, lol. It was worth my long wait. I love it so much.

But, I had it about two weeks and the fever struck for an equivalent tele on the wider end, so though I'm loving the 70-200's nano coating, I still have lens envy, now I want another nano coating lens.

My addiction and fever continues.

Just saying . . .

Patty
Website

Bottom
Next
Previous

johnstatham
Date Posted: Dec/18/2011 11:01 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Fast focus, modest size, light weight and VR make it a keeper. I have a D90 and use the 18-105 as a walk around lens. I also have a couple of older tele lens from Nikon and Tamron, and a 35 prime.

wedding photography

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.