Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
.ART files
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale472003
Date Posted: Feb/21/2014 5:59 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
What a hassle, one of my customers brought in a load of old floppy disks with his photos on them, all .ART files, heaven knows what he used to make them that format, but it's pretty hard to find anything that will open or convert them these days.
It seems IE used to be able to open them, but can't since they found security flaws in them, a number of other programs also claim to be able to 'open 500 formats' but .ART doesn't seem to be one of them.
The only thing I've found that actually works in a program called Graphics workshop, I don't know if it's still made as I was lucky enough to have an old copy that luckly worked with Win XP (I have my doubts it will work with Win 7) so now all I have to do is convert the 3000+ images he has to jpeg.
Please note I'm nothing to do with the company who make the program, this is just in case someone else has some ART files kicking around.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Feb/21/2014 6:24 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I hope you collect a good fee for the difficulties.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale472003
Date Posted: Feb/25/2014 9:48 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Well I haven't gone mad with the charges, but about half the floppy disk are kippered anyway (won't read) and one pics is a hand coloured job so thats extra...

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.