Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Topaz Clarity (review)
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale47
Date Posted: May/25/2013 6:11 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Well I've given it a bit of a try and here goes.
Topaz Clarity $29 (offer at time of writing) Clarity offers the chance to add camera raw/lightroom type clarity but in a better way, whats clarity got acr/lr haven't?
Well for a start it's got the ability to target different areas of contrast, high/low/micro/medium, then theres the various presets, grouped by type, landscape, portrait etc. Another useful feature is the built in masking panel, this give a number of masking options, from brush through to colour range.
It also has a hue/saturation panel (similar to acr/lr)with the masking options, exactly why this is in a clarity plug-in isn't clear from what I've read so far, but it's always handy to have.
So clarity gives you the options of tweeking the various contrasts within your image, you can get a sort of tone mapped/hdr type effect with the right image, and you can tweek hue/sat.

Conclusions. Is it worth the money? Well personally I think it's handy to have, but will I get much use out of it, in all honesty probably not. I do use clarity in Lightroom and camera raw, but I don't very often need to ajust the different levels of contrast separately, and theres always the ajustment brush for selective (limited )ajustment in both Lightroom and camera raw.

the masking panel

The hue/saturation panel.

Message edited by: swanseamale47 on 05/25/2013 06:15:14

Bottom
Next
Previous

Victor
Date Posted: May/29/2013 4:11 PM
I bought it and for the low introductory price it's certainly worth adding to your bag of tricks. I find myself using it in conjunction with the other Topaz plug ins.

-------------------------
Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

plugsnpixels
Date Posted: Jun/04/2013 5:50 PM
swanseamale47, thanks for your review!

The introductory sale is over but there is a permanent 15% discount.

Message edited by: plugsnpixels on 06/04/2013 17:52:22

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.