Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Paint the moon luminosity actions (review)
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/05/2012 3:09 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
I had the chance to try these out yesterday, so a brief review (I have no connection with the company in any way)
The actions consist of of two sets, Luminosity Essence and Luminosity Artisan (sold seperatly or as a package)
Essence consists of 57 different actions combined in a set, while Artisan has 56 different actions in the set.

Well the review part.
The actions installed fine in Photoshop CS5 and CS6 and seem to work ok in both, although I didn't test all 113 of them. Theres a lot of different effect catered for, with some workflow type action, others for resizing, sharpening etc, and even a facebook template (which I didn't try) Heres a link to their information for fuller details.link

Now the big question, would I buy them? Well to be totally honset, No! You see while they work well enough, I'm not convinced that the effects are different enough to be worth the price $115 each or the two for $220 thats a lot of money, and you could mimic most of the effects easily enough in photoshop as well.

To be totally fair I do use their coffee house action quite often, I've had it for ages, and it suits some images.

heres a shot using one of the artisan actions, the effect is on the top right side.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Nov/05/2012 5:55 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Looks good. I agree though it is a bit pricey. You should be able to devise what the actions are doing and create your own actions. It is a trade off though. I have gone to the Adobe PS Exchange site and gotten some really good actions that did sort of what I wanted and then I modified them to do what I wanted. It is an investment in time or money either way. It is also a determination on what you want to accomplish as an artist or what the customer is willing to pay for. Good luck.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/05/2012 1:22 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Theres a lot of really good ones on deviantART, you do have to search through them a bit. I tend to mostly use my own action for some repetative jobs, but every now and then I'll use a bought one.

Message edited by: swanseamale47 on 11/05/2012 13:23:53

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.