Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Adobe photoshop elements 11 launched
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Sep/28/2012 12:08 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Photoshop Elements 11 is released.
It comes with a new interface (back to gray) lots of new features, including the new process 2012 raw converter. Prices around £78

for more info.
http://success.adobe.com/en/uk/sem/products/pse-pre.html?kw=p&sdid=HTHZS&skwcid=TC|22764|elements%2011||S|b|17748665935

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Sep/29/2012 1:39 AM
I'm not normally an elements user but I'll give a it a try later next week (busy now) and I'll give it a review, if I can find my way around it .

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/11/2012 3:11 AM
Well it's not going well, I'm having "issues" getting it to install, something I've never had before with the full versions. It goes so far and stops on the install, I'm going to have to try from a disk I think, I suspect the download version is corrupted or something.
I'm also struggling for time, I'm in the middle of teaching a 3 day wedding course, so preping stuff for that each evening.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Oct/11/2012 8:51 AM
Print Thread Text Format
God bless you on keeping those balls in the air. It is distrubing when a software will not load properly. Especially when you have gone down the list multiple times to make sure you have everything right to do so. I would love to be in one of your classes.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/11/2012 3:30 PM
Thanks Steve, it is a bit hectic mate.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/23/2012 11:09 AM
Well I've had a heck of a job getting it to install, even from disk, no idea why, tried 4 different computers (even different OS) before I managed to get it working eventually.

Well whats new, the interface has changed again, this time it's back to the light grey option, why they can't find something that works and leave it I don't know, having to relearn a software with every update seems a bit silly to me. Not helped by the big icons.

Theres a few new things, like the 3 options for editing, quick, guided, and expert. The catalogue has been improved with new tabs. They have added a proper vignette tool at last. Selection options are improved, and theres a few new filters.

Sadly the RAW editor still only has the 3 tabs, so still a very limited range of raw options, that said it does have the new 2012 process so the image quality is much improved.

Overall verdict. Well, a nightmare to install (and it seems I'm not the only one either) I prefer the interface colour to the very dark older version in 10, but I don't like the big icons.
Only reason for switching I can see is the better raw processing.

Now at this point there should be screencaps, but every time I tried it crashed elements, so I gave up. I'm really glad I use CS6, thats so much easier.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Victor
Date Posted: Oct/29/2012 2:47 PM
Egad, if CS6 is easier to use than a version of Elements Adobe has really missed the boat.

-------------------------
Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/30/2012 4:48 AM
It's probably because I'm used to photoshop proper, I hardly ever use elements Victor, but the biggest issue I had was it just didn't want to install, and it wasn't crazy about running either.
It seems very "buggy" to me, and I really don't understand the need to totally change it's look with every version.
I don't know how well the beta testing went, I stopped doing it for Adobe a few years back after having a lot of trouble with I think it was CS2 or CS3? (you couldn't install the proper version after having the beta on a computer) but judging from the problems they had with lightroom 4 I'm guessing it wasn't enough.

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.