Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Topaz starburst
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

Victor
Date Posted: Feb/09/2012 4:31 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Topaz labs has a new plugin available. It's one you can certainly do without, but it's cheap and if it meets your needs might be worth having if you have a use for it. I bought it at the introductory price of $20, but I think the full price is $30. Like all their stuff you can download a full functioning version for free (stops working after 30 days.)
It's a PS plugin which adds stars and sparkles to the bright spots in your picture. You have threshold controls and can add and remove stars.

-------------------------
Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Feb/12/2012 5:45 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Downloaded the trial, but must agree with Victor,, it's a waste of money unless you are really in to that sort of thing...

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Feb/25/2012 11:09 AM
I have given the trial a go, not sure it's got enough to be worth buying though.
A before and after shot for those who might be interested.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Feb/26/2012 4:53 AM
Actually having had a play with it and watching the videos it does offer a fair selection of effects, including a sunburst and glow effects as well as the basic star. It might have a bit more creative potential than I first thought.
Still not sure about the price though.

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Feb/26/2012 5:26 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Like the original, and as I hinted at in my post, these effects are an aquired taste. I'm afraid they are not mine...

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Feb/27/2012 8:59 AM
I agree it doesn't work in the sample I posted, way OTT.

Bottom
Next
Previous

plugsnpixels
Date Posted: Apr/28/2013 5:16 PM
The trick is to use any plug-in/effect in moderation. A rule of thumb to try is to apply an effect you think looks good, then back it off 50%.

And of course the effect has to be suitable for the image and the intended audience, so there are a number of variables involved in doing this.

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.