Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Do we really need compact cameras any more?
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Feb/28/2013 11:32 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Heres a thought, for years I've carried a half decent compact around everywhere (it lives in my jacket pocket) As they've improved I find I'm taking more of my favorite pics on them, simply because it's always there.
Now the big question is we now mostly all have mobile phones, the camera in these have also improved quite a lot over the years, I did a test yesterday my android phone compared to my 16mp compact, and you know something! theres not much difference between the two, so little I mixed them up myself while looking at them.
Now the question is do I really still need the compact..... ?

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Feb/28/2013 8:47 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Honestly, I believe it is a personal preference. It is all on what you feel comfortable with and which you feel renders the best for what you are shooting. In the end you create your own images and your signature. I still believe that were Ansel Adams had a instamatic he could have figured out how to get it to produce the images he had envisioned built on its limitations, his imagination, and dedication to his art.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.