Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
OMG!!! 2002 wasn't THAT long ago!!!
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

Savina
Date Posted: Aug/10/2012 3:26 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Was searching for some stuff...random stuff because I'm so bored! And I ran across this:

Date Posted: Feb/27/2002 2:52 PM

"Hello to all,

Paige--
Glad to hear there's another digital photographer out there. Paragon's touchup was awesome wasn't it. She did that for me. I love it. I plan to spend some time mimicing her steps as well as the others from that thread in a day or so. I have spent the last few days touching up other photos I shot this weekend of my nephew in the madonna photo. I am so excited about learning to do those kinds of effects.

Bubblicious--
I love your baby photo. I have been doing a lot of baby photos with my new nephew. His first steps will be away from me. Seriously, though, is there a limit to the number of shots a baby's eyes can take at a sitting. Also can I ask what props you used to get him positioned like that. I love it.

Paragon--
Your site is great. Maybe some day .... Thanks again for your suggestions. I will let you know how I do. I have learned how to make many adjustments in Photoshop. I get better every day, but I haven't learned how to use layers yet. It's so embarassing, but I am self-taught and just havent' mastered that one yet. I have a book with a chapter on it and will try this weekend.

Take care everyone, I look forward to learning and sharing (when I get more experience) with you.

-------------------------
Patty"

As you can tell from the tag line, this is Gadgetgal's reply (to a thread in GI, called Introduce yourself, by someone called "Bubblicious"...it was the year 2002, and apparently digital cams were still new! Haven't they been around forever??? Hahaha! Hope you're enjoying your day!

CC always welcome! And thanks! :D

You're never a failure when you fail. You're a failure when you QUIT!

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Aug/11/2012 2:00 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I went digital in 2003 when they brought the Canon 10D out, seems like an eternity ago.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Aug/11/2012 6:35 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Compare the image quality from then till now as well. Technology is a blessing and a curse!

Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

Victor
Date Posted: Aug/15/2012 11:31 AM
The one thing film did was make you more careful, there was a price tag on each click

Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Aug/16/2012 6:06 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Victor - There is still a price tag. TIME is still a critical portion of post image production. The better I get the image on the first round the less time I have to spend trying to fix it. The better the initial image the better the options I have on making it even more special.

Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

Savina
Date Posted: Aug/21/2012 3:18 PM
Agreed - with all! Also, I love looking back to "once upon a time", photos that were posted then and what's being posted today by individuals....(not necessarily mine, per se. I cannot find my pics...although, I daresay there's probably not that many out there...I have always been a bit too shy to post)...but the difference is always facinating to me!

Thank God I am a photog in the digi age - I have tons of photos taken with disposibles and ye-old-110-film-cameras....imagine how much I would have if I had been STUDYING back "then"!!!

CC always welcome! And thanks! :D

You're never a failure when you fail. You're a failure when you QUIT!

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.