Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
HELP!! I am so frustrated!
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

Elisha Rae
Date Posted: Jan/23/2012 8:14 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi! I am new here and need some help!

I will try to be brief but also need to provide as many details as possible. I am a beginner when it comes to photography. I know more than the average person but not enough to call myself a pro, however I have successfully done several "jobs" for people. Recently I was hired to do a wedding for my sister's friend. It's a young couple without much money so that's where I come in. I ended up with 1600 good images to give them (I shoot a lot and hope for the best) and I created a web page for them to view them and share with their friends and family.
Equipmwnt used: Canon 50D with 28-105mm EF Lens
Edited with Photoshop Elements 10

So I finished editing all 1600 images (I did not do anything major just changed the exposure, reduced noise, etc.) I saved them all to a CD then began loading them onto the webpage when my hard drive crashed. Thankfully I had the backup disc with every image from my computer and another computer to use. Again the images were edited, they were just all mixed together. I loaded them to my other computer and got to work organizing them into subfolders. I finally finished and began loading them to the website. I got some loaded but it was late and I went to bed.
The next day I was looking through the pictures like usual, everything looked fine, and took a break, After dinner I go to work again and suddenly roughly 80% of my pictures (not just from the wedding but in all folders) are tiny. Some as small as thumbnail, some about the size of a deck of cards. Most of them are 213X320 pixels (or 320X213). I have NO IDEA how this happened! I know enough to know that I did not resize any images. I even went online to the website and sure enough the ones loaded from the previous night are fine online but are now shrunk on my computer. I also went back to the images that I posted prior to my computer crashing and they are small. I know I didn't touch those because they have been done and posted for over 6 weeks. So then I thought I would try reloading the CD with all of my images and they are the same with most of them 213X320! How could the data on the disc change all of a sudden?! I can't size them larger because they become blurry and pixelated which I had expected. At this point I am ready to SCREAM (well I have actually). I have beautiful photos to give to them but they are too small. Is it possible that my computer resized them? I am really sorry for such a long post but I am beyond frustrated and I'm grasping. I have tried looking online for hours but all I get is instructions on resizing images. HELP!!! Any advice would be SO appreciated!

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Jan/24/2012 5:55 AM
Print Thread Text Format
1st things first... do you have an original copy of all the images? If you don't then you may be out of luck. 2nd you need to look for a software action or function that can help resize the images without distortion. I use Genuine Fractals, but I have an older version of Photoshop.

Good luck.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

trcapro
Date Posted: Jan/24/2012 10:41 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Always keep originals just in case. But, my main question would be how exactly you uploaded the pictures to the web in the first place? Some websites that allow albums automatically reduce the size of the photo to take up less space on their servers and all more images to be stored.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Jan/25/2012 4:26 AM
Did you shoot n raw? if you don't still have the originals I'd suggest trying to recover the images off the old computer. Even if the OS has died the drive itself might still be ok, try using it as a seond drive or get an external usb holder for the drive and try it in that.
Failing that there are firms that recover data from dead drives.
I don't suppose the pics are still on the card are they? even if deleted they are easy to recover as long as you haven't reused the card.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Victor
Date Posted: Jan/25/2012 12:09 PM
Recovery 2011 will let you retrieve the originals from your camera card even if you have deleted them and reformatted. It's a subscription service, about $35 a year but a lot like a parachute

Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

trcapro
Date Posted: Jan/26/2012 11:37 AM
There is also something out there called Recover My Files I believe. I'm pretty sure it's a free download on either Cnet or Tucows.

Message edited by: trcapro on 01/26/2012 11:38:11

Bottom
Next
Previous

shubh
Date Posted: Feb/02/2012 10:36 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Genuine Fractals is the best to secure and resize your pictures without making any changes in the format or pixels.Do not try to be posed as professional photographer just from beginning. keep the track of latest software upgrades. Many of these are free to download. A visit to brigade-electronics.com may also help.

Reversing Cameras

Message edited by: shubh on 02/02/2012 10:38:31

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.