Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Gift recommendation from the ones who know!
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

rufex2001
Date Posted: Sep/14/2011 7:23 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Hi, my girlfriend is graduating from architecture school in a few weeks and I'm looking for a cool gift. She's an amateur photographer and she's really good, but I know nothing about the subject, technically speaking, so I'm looking for some advice on the matter. Be warned already: I'm on a 200 USD budget.

I'm thinking about two possibilities:

1) A new lens for her DSLR. She's had a Canon Rebel XTI for some years now and besides the kit lens, she's only got the EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon lens. She loves her f/1.8! But she was hoping for some zoom for her next lens. Any suggestions here on my tiny budget? Canon lenses, I guess. Are Sigmas even worth it? Are lenses on this budget even worth it? Again, we're talking amateur here.

2) A cool compact camera. She'd definitely like a compact camera for those "don't feel like carrying my DSLR with me today" type of situations. Are there any where a amateur photographer might get a kick out of? Are Canons recommended in this category? Nikons? Sony Cybershots? I've found a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5V in Amazon within my budget. Maybe something like that?

So, any suggestions? Anything at all would be highly appreciated. Are lenses worth it at this price range? Maybe a compact camera within this range would be better?

Thanks in advance, and I apologize if my inquiry is out of place in terms of category within the forum, or the forum altogether for that matter. I don't even know where to ask.

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Sep/14/2011 12:22 PM
Print Thread Text Format
THIS IS WORTH A LOOK if she wants a compact camera... Small, light, easy to carry when you don't want to carry a load of gear, and very useful... Especially at this price...

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.