Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Problems logging in/posting
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale472003
Date Posted: Oct/31/2013 6:08 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
I tried to post only to be told my email hadn't been validated, as it was some years back I joined I'm not even sure what email I used then, so I had to re-join, frankly a PITA.
I have to admit I tossed a coin as to whether to bother or not, I'm not sure making things tricky for the last few members left here is a good plan.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Oct/31/2013 9:18 AM
Print Thread Text Format
It seems to be a new proceedure to hopefully weed out some of the spammers. Many sites have a validation process.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

Administrator
Date Posted: Oct/31/2013 11:25 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
Steve is correct. Apologies for not posting a message advising all Forums members about the recent changes. It's been a busy time.

For several months, your Forums have been plagued by an organized group of spammers, possibly Russian or Chinese in origin. There are perhaps 1,000, maybe more, spam "members" in our user database. Undoubtedly, many of you have noticed some of their junk posts. We deleted them and terminated their memberships as quickly as we came upon them, but these turkeys have been relentless.

When we finally acknowledged that our efforts were never going to end their onslaught, we were forced to take technical measures to protect you from them. The validation requirement is one of the measures. It is intended to stop automated sign-ups, and it appears to be working. Fortunately, it is a one-time requirement, but unfortunately it had to be applied to everyone, including loyal, long-time members such as yourselves. We regret that, but it was a necessity.

We have noticed that the occasional spammer signs up manually now and actually goes through the validation process. They are indeed determined. However, all validation notices are reviewed manually, too, and we have been doing well at keeping them out.

Should you notice any junk posts that fall through the cracks, please bring them to my attention at your earliest opportunity. We'll be sure to get rid of them quickly.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated. Thank you.

Dan

Forums Administrator

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Nov/01/2013 9:12 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Go DAN! Photographer and computer geek all in one package! I would still love to share a drink and swap stories!

Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.