Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Something odd going on?
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Nov/29/2012 3:01 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
For some reason old topics in the various sections are showing up as new, I've cleared cookies (which shows everything up as new) and started again but after a few days the same thing happens. I've also tried several different computers to rule out a problem there and it's happening on all of them, although different topics are showing as new on each.
Very odd.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Nov/30/2012 8:43 PM
Print Thread Text Format
I have not been having any problems.

-------------------------
Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Dec/01/2012 8:05 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I haven't either but the spam is very odd!

My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Dec/01/2012 9:20 AM
Must be something affecting just me then, odd it's showing up on a few different computers (not networked either) The spam is odd, and a PITA, and I bets Dans not happy about either.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Administrator
Date Posted: Dec/01/2012 8:53 PM
The spam assault over the past several weeks is a PITA indeed.

Most Forum users don't see the half of it. We catch several spammers through bounced "Welcome to the Forum" email messages, and delete these spammers before they can post. Nonetheless, some get through because they use a genuine email address when they sign up. Steve has been a huge help in identifying and notifying us of spam before it is up for very long, and we are busy every day zapping phony posts.

It's an on-going problem because the spammers are quite persistent. It amazes me because I don't see much benefit for them. I suppose they are like mindless vandals and graffiti guys who get their jollies out of defacing the property of others.

Dan

Forums Administrator

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Dec/02/2012 5:42 AM
I do wonder if it's actually woth them putting up spam, the return of people who'll risk clicking the link must be tiny really (most people being more sensible these days) And I'm always amazed by the lack of connection to the type of forum this is.
We're glad your catching a lot of it early. Heres a thought, how about a report post button to draw it to your attention? (or something similar)

Bottom
Next
Previous

Administrator
Date Posted: Dec/02/2012 8:35 PM
Not a bad idea. Thank you.

We seem to have a pretty good system at the moment and are quite successful at zapping these spam posts and deleting the users from the Forums in a timely manner.

Should things get out of hand, though, we'll look at other measures, such as your very good suggestion.

All the best,

Dan

Forums Administrator

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.