Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
What's new???
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: May/12/2012 7:13 PM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
How is everyone doing? There should be atleast 3 replies!!

Since I moved last summer, I picked up 1 preschool last fall. They only want to do pictures once a year, so I didn't have them again this Spring. A month ago I traveled back to Long Island for my 5th session at the preschool there. I need to send out flyers to preschools again. Last time I only sent out 13 flyers. Must do better than that this time!

-------------------------
No one takes a picture of something they want to forget.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: May/13/2012 6:01 AM
Well I'm really busy, one of my fellow photographers has managed to fall off his motorbike (actually no fault of his own) so I'm covering some of his work as well as my own.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: May/13/2012 7:49 PM
Being busy is better than not being busy!

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: May/14/2012 3:26 AM
Thats very true Cathy. We do have another big project on the go but it's a way off yet as theres a lot to put in place first, so thats taking up a bit of time as well.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Victor
Date Posted: May/14/2012 2:58 PM
I have decided that trying to be the best photographer you can be does not mean that you have to be a professional photographer. I shot my first wedding for pay, the pictures were fine, but I do not want to do that again. I don't need the money and I don't want the hassle.

Fools rush in where he who hesitates is lost

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: May/14/2012 4:41 PM
Being professional is overrated anyways. ;D

Bottom
Next
Previous

nes
Date Posted: May/29/2012 10:04 AM
Hi Cathy.
Like you I have been AWOL too.

Because of my back and shaking from meds, I put down my camera for a long time.

I gave up on being a "pro" in our new location. (We moved to NC last July).

In 'studio' I posted some of what I was up to yesterday. My dd convinced me to shoot a wedding for a friend of hers pro-Bono in July at the Marine base in Jackson Ville. The wedding will be at 10am on the beach. I'm thinking that if its near 90 now and I can hardly stand it, what will it be like in July!

I was doubting myself - could I still do this, after all its been so long, and I am rusty.

After yesterday, I am considering opening up in NC - no more weddings ( :-( then were my favorite to do), but I have 1,500 sqft that I am not using in the new house that would be great for studio use, and I have the equipment. The plan would be to do new born - high school seniors, and bridal portraits only. Because of my physical limitation, sessions will be short compared to what I use to do, and outside when weather allows. This is such a beautiful state.

I've been working images from a wedding we did last summer just to keep my skills up. I've posted the overviews layouts in weddings.

Where did you move to?

~Nancy

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.