Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Sometimes...
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

kennymc
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 2:34 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Photography is not always about glorious sunsets, idyllic landscapes or flattering portraits... Sometimes, just sometimes, you have to shoot in adverse weather conditions; Saturday was one of them days... Weather forecast was fair with sunny intevals but you have to be willing to suffer a little to get the shots...

Canon 1D MkIII... EF 100-400... ISO 2500... 1/3200 @ f5.6 to freeze the action...

Croft-Nostalgia_474.jpgCroft-Nostalgia_474.jpg ( 83 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 2:47 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Nice to know that ladies drive too and of course that I haven't lost my charm with them...

Pit lane shot... Canon EOS 5D... EF 24-105... ISO 500... 1/160 @ f/13...

Croft-Nostalgia_634.jpgCroft-Nostalgia_634.jpg ( 97 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

jimmy h
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 6:30 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
What a splendid shot 474 is, it really captures the action, how do they see to drive in that. what sort of cover do you use on your gear kenny to keep it safe and dry. and she looks well impressed sat there with the brolley up, quality.

-------------------------
wannabeoutside

Message edited by: jimmy h on 08/12/2010 06:31:16

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 7:54 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I don't use any protection Jimmy, though maybe I should... I don't molly coddle my gear, they are tools to be used and if they can't handle the situation I won't use them in it... As long as you aren't daft enough to point the lens upwards, or try to change it in these conditions, that combination of camera and lens is OK... I keep my 5D in my Lowpro Magnum bag where it's well protected, I only get it out when I use it then put it straight back... I just wipe it all down with a cloth before I leave the event...

Thanks for the compliments...

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 1:36 PM
Of course the ladies like you, Kenny.

I was on vacation in the mountains last week. I guess I shouldn't have fretted so much about getting my camera wet.

No one takes a picture of something they want to forget.

Bottom
Next
Previous

jimmy h
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 8:10 PM
even more impressed now, no protection and you just give it a wipe over after, ahem. advice maybe a few more of us should heed if we wanna get the shots.

wannabeoutside

Bottom
Next
Previous

JJ2U
Date Posted: Aug/12/2010 10:03 PM
Kenny this is a terrific exhibit you've put together between the two threads. Thanks. I often think about taking my D60 out in the rain but neither it nor my lenses are moisture tight and I can't afford to replace anything for the forseeable future.
I am greatly impressed with your ability to isolate the subjects in "For Joel" and the rain swept auto race is inspirational. (Oh for a D300 with appropriate lenses) You know sometimes when I watch cooking shows on TV I marvel at how easy the chefs make it look. Well same with yoou and your action shots. I've tried some without success and I know it takes practice, practice, practice.
Thanks for sharing.

Joel W
"Coming together is a beginning...Staying together is progress...Working together is a success."
Anonymous

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Aug/13/2010 2:38 AM
Print Thread Text Format
Thank you Joel... The ability to isolate the subject is because I nearly always shoot with the lens wide open, or there abouts... FA2 in the other thread was shot at f/3.2 on a 300mm f/2.8 prime lens, the MX biker was shot at f/2.8 on a 200 prime lens, and for the plane I used a 100-400 f/5.6 @ 380mm to fill the frame...

Message edited by: kennymc on 08/13/2010 02:38:31

Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Aug/13/2010 7:45 AM
But those lenses are also L's. To which makes me so green with envy! Oh and your skills. LOL

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: Aug/13/2010 12:49 PM
Print Thread Text Format
LOL...

PC.jpgPC.jpg ( 5 Kbytes)
Bottom
Next
Previous

Paparazzi Cathy
Date Posted: Aug/13/2010 3:04 PM
Exactly!

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.