Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
How much?
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

chance
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 7:53 AM
Print Thread Text Format
A lady at work wants to buy one of my pictures. What does a person charge for a print? (20x30)-not framed

-------------------------
My camera is for pleasure, not for pressure

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 8:03 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
A lot depends on the market where you are, whats the going rate in your area, do you have to make a living from your photography, do you have to pay to get it printed or can you do it yourself, will your customer pay the going rate. Theres a lot of variables going on to give a fixed price answer really.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Steve
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 3:08 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Take a look at what someone might be charging for the same print and go from there. Personally I take the cost and mulitiply by around 800%... Just a spit ball.

Steve

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination..... Mark Twain

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Oct/16/2010 7:26 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Thanks you guys that is a good place to start. I am having it printed and no I don't do this for a living just for pleasure.
Thanks for commenting

Bottom
Next
Previous

JJ2U
Date Posted: Nov/04/2010 2:20 PM
If your having it printed and backed it should cost about $20-$30. 5 times $20 is $100. 5 x $30 is $150. I'd ask for $125 and settle for $80. As more and more people ask to buy your work your fees will increase.

Joel W
"Coming together is a beginning...Staying together is progress...Working together is a success."
Anonymous

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Nov/04/2010 5:35 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Well I ended up having it printed for her and charged her $40. I thought it was a fair price.

Bottom
Next
Previous

nes
Date Posted: Nov/10/2010 10:52 AM
I get $179 for my 20x30's, but they come pre mounted on 2mm styren for easy framing.

Of course I also sell frames, and usually by the time we have picked a frame, printed image, and put frame together, we are looking at close to $550.

Bottom
Next
Previous

chance
Date Posted: Nov/12/2010 7:16 AM
Print Thread Text Format
I didn't frame this one.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Camera Happy
Date Posted: Apr/27/2011 2:39 PM
Speaking of "how much questions" what would you commercial photogs charge for product shots of glasses (it will be several frames - about a dozen or so)? I have an opportunity to do some product shots of glasses but am struggling trying to figure out how much to quote the client.

Should I give him a quote based on the number of frames, or a frame range (1 - 5 frames = $25 per frame, etc.), or an overall quote based on the estimated entire job?

Thoughts?

Ad astra per aspera...

"To the stars through perseverence..."

Bottom
Next
Previous

kennymc
Date Posted: May/01/2011 2:41 PM
Print Thread Text Format
my choice would be entire job...
Even if they only choose one from a vast selection it has still taken your time and effort to produce all the shots...

Bottom
Next
Previous

nes
Date Posted: May/03/2011 8:50 AM
On price -

I take into account the amount of time it took me to get the shot, work the shot, show the shot, and sell it.

From there I find out cost of printing. Anything 8x10 or larger is automatically posted on 2mm styrene for mounting.

I take that figure times it by 6.

If its portraiture it stays there, if its wedding, I add an additional $50 to it.

When someone wants something bigger than a 20x30, I would suggest printing on canvas.

For the glasses job. . . how long will it take to do it. What possible damages are you exposing yourself to? Does your insurance cover it? Are you being paid up front?

If you think it will take an hour, charge for 3. Then add a good sum, as most likely they will be using your images to make revenue for themselves.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Camera Happy
Date Posted: May/03/2011 3:49 PM
GREAT points Kenney and NES! Thanks for your insight!

I think I like the charge for the WHOLE gig model - regardless of what they select in the end, I've still done all of the other work...

We are going to take pretty much a whole day to shoot all of the frames - it is gonna take a minute...LOL

Insurance is not an issue - got that covered...

Being paid 50% up front/50% upon delivery of digital images...

For me, no printing is involved - all digital!

Ad astra per aspera...

"To the stars through perseverence..."

Bottom
Next
Previous

langone_peter
Date Posted: Jul/30/2011 5:54 AM
I invested in a Nikon Coolpix S3000, now its the perfect size. I recently had some work on it and it works wonderfully, in bright light. Indoors it is terrible quality and in dim lit settings or even at fairly well lit indoor settings the quality is terrible. They have come out with newer models which may work better but this just is not going to cut it.

Regards,

Peter Langone

Message edited by: PhotographyTips.com moderator on 08/06/2011 23:01:30

Bottom
Next
Previous

wolfgang
Date Posted: Apr/29/2013 10:17 AM
It depends on your type of image and palace where you are living.

Best Wedding Photography

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.