Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Flickr
Connect with us on LinkedIn

SPONSORS

Sell Photos Online

FEATURED SITES

PhotographyTips.com - the #1 guide to better conventional and digital photography Become a Member iPhone Posing GuideGuide to Posing the Female Model BookGuide to Posing the Model CD
Login

Photography Forums

Category:
customize
profile new topic join search today help
home
login
Author
Message Text For:
Photography Insurance
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

quezzo
Date Posted: Jun/29/2010 3:52 PM
Print Thread Text Format
Recently my lawyer suggested I get liability insurance for the photography business and she said she thought there was a type of insurance that covers the loss of photos. Is this true and if so, can someone suggest something to me?

I know I should get liability coverage period, but didn't know if there is something else I should be looking into.

Bottom
Next
Previous

photolady
Date Posted: Jun/30/2010 10:36 AM
View Profile Print Thread Text Format
The type of insurance your lawyer is talking about is commonly known as "errors and omissions".

-------------------------
Alice

Bottom
Next
Previous

nes
Date Posted: Sep/08/2010 10:09 AM
when we were active we used Hartford business insurance. It covered the loss and damage of equipment, as well as liability.

If you visit the PPA site, they are a great resource for this type of question.

Bottom
Next
Previous

kendrikwiley
Date Posted: Apr/10/2013 6:24 AM
Print Thread Text Format
If you are sure everything is covered, then like most insurance that you will be looking for the best deal, so do not forget to find out if no claims discounts are available, and don't forget to check on additional costs, this can significantly increase or decrease your premiums.

Bottom
Next
Previous

swanseamale47
Date Posted: Apr/11/2013 6:32 AM
I'd suggest you check with your lawyer as to what covers needed for your area, it varies country by country and even state by state as I understand it, also get a proper contract drawn up at the same time to cover yourself.

Bottom
Next
Previous

Administrator
Date Posted: Apr/21/2013 2:17 PM
Hi quezzo,

You may also benefit from reading the Photographytips.com article about insurance at http://www.photographytips.com/page.cfm/37492 - "Insure your photography equipment".

Best wishes,

Dan

-------------------------
Forums Administrator

Message edited by: Administrator on 04/21/2013 14:24:53

Bottom
Next
Previous
[ FORUMS : THREADS : REFRESH : NEXT THREAD ]

FuseTalk v2.1 - Copyright © 1999-2001 e-Zone Media Inc. All rights reserved.